The Student Room Group

Undergratue admission- mature student ( modern languages )

Hello guys! I would love to apply to Oxford University and I would like to have some general information about the admission process. I love languages so I wanna apply for the Modern Languages course ( French and Spanish ). I have obviously seen the Oxford website... I am just curious to get some advice from applicants trying to apply to Oxford or students who have already got admitted. Basically I am a little bit worry cause I will apply as a mature student (23 years old) and I saw that only the 4/5% of Oxford students is "mature(over 21)"...Do you think is more difficult for a mature student to get a place ?
During the admission process I know that I need to do some tests...Which kind of test should I do ? (MLAT,specific grammar tests,literature tests..).
I am italian so I have already done the IELTS exam for English(7.5),French(7) and Spanish(7). I got 96 at the italian final exam which corresponds to AAA in UK...
Thanks
Hey.
Its more difficult since tutors will look at what you have been doing over the last few years but essentially the process remains the same.
The MLAT will be the test to prepare for. The current practice paper is here: http://www.ox.ac.uk/document.rm?id=2317
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Ok I get it. Should I fill just the grammar part or also the Linguistic section ( I know that there is a course called Modern Languages+Linguistic so I presume I do NOT have to do it, but i wanna be sure:colone:) and/or LAT ?
Thanks !
Original post by Antonio91
Ok I get it. Should I fill just the grammar part or also the Linguistic section ( I know that there is a course called Modern Languages+Linguistic so I presume I do NOT have to do it, but i wanna be sure:colone:) and/or LAT ?
Thanks !

You are correct, you just have to do the grammar bits.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending