Pumuki63
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi, I am planning on applying for Medicine this year. At AS I got AAB (B in Chemistry (1 mark of an A which has been sent off for a re-mark)) and a full A-level in Spanish, grade A. I have been predicted A*AA but I am not sure if it's worth predicting the A* since all the uni's I want to apply to only ask for 3A's or A*AB?? If I have an A*AA prediction will the uni's make an offer based on this or could they set me a lower offer such as AAA? And if I get AAA in 2015 instead of A*AA what are the chances of them removing my offer completely? I am thinking of applying to;
HYMS - (want AAA)
Keele - (want A*AB/AAA)
Liverpool - (want (AAA)
Bristol - (want AAA)

THANK YOU!!!
Ronove
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Pumuki63)
Hi, I am planning on applying for Medicine this year. At AS I got AAB (B in Chemistry (1 mark of an A which has been sent off for a re-mark)) and a full A-level in Spanish, grade A. I have been predicted A*AA but I am not sure if it's worth predicting the A* since all the uni's I want to apply to only ask for 3A's or A*AB?? If I have an A*AA prediction will the uni's make an offer based on this or could they set me a lower offer such as AAA? And if I get AAA in 2015 instead of A*AA what are the chances of them removing my offer completely? I am thinking of applying to;
HYMS - (want AAA)
Keele - (want A*AB/AAA)
Liverpool - (want (AAA)
Bristol - (want AAA)

THANK YOU!!!
They have set grade offers and if you get an offer you will receive one of those. Your predictions being higher than that is irrelevant (except in some very, very rare cases, though I don't think I've ever seen that apply to Medicine - and it's usually a case of being set a four-grade offer if you say you're doing more than three A2s in those cases, anyway).

You meeting or exceeding or missing your predicted grades is also utterly irrelevant when it comes to meeting university offers. You either meet your Firm/Insurance and get in one of them, or you don't.
Pumuki63
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ronove)
They have set grade offers and if you get an offer you will receive one of those. Your predictions being higher than that is irrelevant (except in some very, very rare cases, though I don't think I've ever seen that apply to Medicine - and it's usually a case of being set a four-grade offer if you say you're doing more than three A2s in those cases, anyway).

You meeting or exceeding or missing your predicted grades is also utterly irrelevant when it comes to meeting university offers. You either meet your Firm/Insurance and get in one of them, or you don't.
Ok that makes sense, so the logical thing to do is to just leave it as A*AA and then they'll make whatever offer they want (which could be lower)!!
Thank you!!!
Barbarian King
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
HYMS - (want AAA)
Keele - (want A*AB/AAA)
Liverpool - (want (AAA)
Bristol - (want AAA)

THANK YOU!!!
Wait a minute, 3 AS levels?

Edit; Wait nvm, just saw you got an A in FULL Spanish A Level
Edit; Is spanish your native language?
Pumuki63
Rep:
?
(Original post by Zain Amin)
Wait a minute, 3 AS levels?

Edit; Wait nvm, just saw you got an A in FULL Spanish A Level
Edit; Is spanish your native language?
No it's not my native language but I learnt it very young. Didn't know much grammar though
Barbarian King
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No it's not my native language but I learnt it very young. Didn't know much grammar though
Then you are fine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (645)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (817)
42.4%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.62%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (87)
4.51%

Watched Threads