claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I ve found many threads for people applying to adult nursing and childrens but barely any for mental health nursing so thought i d start one for us to talk about our applications,interviews and so on.

I m currently doing my second year of a health and social care foundation degree and will be applying to mental health nursing at UCLAN, Cumbria(lancaster campus) and Edge hill for sure. Haven't definetly decided on my 4th and 5th choices yet as I want to be able to commute from preston.

Here's the Nursing connect/stalking Page - you'll be able to see other applicants' grades and offers. If you enter your details it will be really helpful for other people applying.
Callie-X
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi,
I applied last year, but for March 2015 intake. My final 5 choices were: UCLAN, Leeds Met, Manchester, Salford and Huddersfield - with me eventually confirming my first choice at Salford.

One thing I had to consider, was not only the commuting distance from home to uni (which was what I mistakenly focused on first), but also the potential practice/placement area - especially as I'll be relying on public transport!

Have you been able to attend any open days?

Good luck!

Cal
Puddles the Monkey
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey,

I just updated the OP with a link to nursing connect/stalking page - if you haven't already go connect to see other applicants' grades & offers. Also, if you enter your details it will be really really useful for everyone else making their applications this year.

:woo:
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Callie-X)
Hi,
I applied last year, but for March 2015 intake. My final 5 choices were: UCLAN, Leeds Met, Manchester, Salford and Huddersfield - with me eventually confirming my first choice at Salford.

One thing I had to consider, was not only the commuting distance from home to uni (which was what I mistakenly focused on first), but also the potential practice/placement area - especially as I'll be relying on public transport!

Have you been able to attend any open days?

Good luck!

Cal
I m currently studying my foundation degree at UCLAN so already know there well but havent made it to other open days yet but hopefully will manage to visit them in the next month.
I m hoping to be driving by the time i would start so hopefully wont have too much trouble commuting anywhere.

Thank you, good luck to you starting your course next year
JennieS90
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm applying to mental health 2015, am getting a little worried though as still waiting on my reference. I can't send off my ucas without it, and I know the deadline isn't for a little while BUT what if they interview and accept like hundreds of amazing people before I even have a chance :-/.

Applying to UWE first choice (will have a car by then and believe the placements will be local to me), then Kings (already have a degree so could potentially do it in two years there).

BTW, does anyone know what happened to the UWE mental health nursing at the Gloucester campus- I have met people who have done it there but it looks like that is no longer an option and now it is Glenside or nothing, which is a bugger cause I could get to there really easily!
ScottMcCall
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by JennieS90)
I'm applying to mental health 2015, am getting a little worried though as still waiting on my reference. I can't send off my ucas without it, and I know the deadline isn't for a little while BUT what if they interview and accept like hundreds of amazing people before I even have a chance :-/.
I wouldn't worry about when your application is sent off. I managed to get a place after applying in April (applied in Feb but reference took until april) and interviewing in June for MH. This might just be a quirk of my particular uni, but as long as you meet the Jan 15th deadline you have a comparable chance with anyone else.

Most uni's will take a while to even have interview dates, it's still really early in the application cycle after all.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (46)
17.36%
No one else does (83)
31.32%
I'm embarrassed about my background (28)
10.57%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (90)
33.96%
We don't use a video platform (5)
1.89%
I don't have a camera (7)
2.64%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
2.26%

Watched Threads