Religious parents won't allow me to have sex until marriage Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I'm turning 21 soon and I'm still a virgin. But my parents insist that I can't have sex until marriage. I don't really want to rebel but I've reached that age where I'm really interested in sex and there will be a time where I'd be itching to have sex with my girlfriend.

They would probably disown me if they found out if I had sex before marriage. I don't know if I should risk doing it behind their back or just listen to them and go with it?

And what if my girlfriend asks if I want to have sex, what do I say? "My parents won't let me" ....

Need advice.
tanyapotter
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
just do it.

nike.

Posted from TSR Mobile
ScarletXxXRose
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
are you religious too
or is it just your parents?
chappedhands
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You are fully an adult. You are responsible for your life; they are no longer responsible for you. Every decision you are making should be a step to your full independence. Your sexual life is private, and is none of your parent's business. I doubt they would disown you -- any noises they are making like this is an attempt to control you. If they are attempting to control you, it is going to get worse. They are going to get into your future marriage, your future children's lives. It's time to break the ties that bind.

You should take the decision that you think is the best for you without regard to their wants/demands.
Anonymous #2
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm turning 21 soon and I'm still a virgin. But my parents insist that I can't have sex until marriage. I don't really want to rebel but I've reached that age where I'm really interested in sex and there will be a time where I'd be itching to have sex with my girlfriend.

They would probably disown me if they found out if I had sex before marriage. I don't know if I should risk doing it behind their back or just listen to them and go with it?

And what if my girlfriend asks if I want to have sex, what do I say? "My parents won't let me" ....

Need advice.
U Muslim?
Mindless Behavior
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How would they know that you've had sex?
gr8wizard10
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's your life at the end of the day. What's worth more, risking your afterlife or a few minutes of fulfilling a desire?

That's up to you to answer.
Biryani007
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Are you following the religion?
h3isenberg
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Unless they have the key to the chastity belt around your crotch then who gives a flying ****
Armin.
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The bigger question is do they know you have a girlfriend?

(Original post by Anonynous)
It's your life at the end of the day. What's worth more, risking your afterlife or a few minutes of fulfilling a desire?

I thought you said you weren't religious the other day? I knew you were lying.

(Original post by Mindless Behavior)
How would they know that you've had sex?
Parents have a virginity radar didn't you know? :curious:
Jgco2chem
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Your a grown up now, you have to take full responsibility for your actions, your parents want the best for you, I wouldn't want to risk something then get the 'told you so'
I feel whats important is living a life of integrity you should tell your parents how you feel, then doing things behind their back it can affect your future.
gr8wizard10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Armin.)
The bigger question is do they know you have a girlfriend?
I've never said that in my life.

If anything, I said I'm not as religious as many people think.. "as" being the keyword.
Zarek
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush
Armin.
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I've never said that in my life.

If anything, I said I'm not as religious as many people think.. "as" being the keyword.

No you said you weren't religious. I can pull the conversation even if you want. You said point blank you weren't religious.

I'm sure that's punishable in Islam to deny your religion even if it's in a random online conversation.

How do you feel broski?
Maid Marian
Badges: 20
Report 4 years ago
Do what YOU want. You're an adult, your parents aren't in charge of you anymore. :yy: If you want to have sex, then go for it.
gr8wizard10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Armin.)
No you said you weren't religious. I can pull the conversation even if you want. You said point blank you weren't religious.

I'm sure that's punishable in Islam to deny your religion even if it's in a random online conversation.

How do you feel broski?
Please do

I would like to see this. I'd honestly be impressed if you were to extract this information from somewhere.
Zarek
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Need advice.
What the eye doesn't see the heart can't grieve over..
HandmadeTurnip
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It's your life at the end of the day. What's worth more, physically connecting with another human being or preparing for an afterlife that has a near-zero chance of actually happening?

sunnydespair
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think its important to have sex, not straight away, but also not after marriage, somewhere in between a period of dating. Don't worry about it
Armin.
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Please do

I would like to see this. I'd honestly be impressed if you were to extract this information from somewhere.

I can't find it because it appears you deleted the thread but it was in a thread where you saying you were sad cause you couldn't get a spring placement for your IB course and saying you generally found the course hard and someone told you that if you're religious you should believe in God's plan and accept the hand you were dealt. You went on a long winded tangent that you were not religious at all.

Playing dumb?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (340)
15.69%
The paper was reasonable (1176)
54.27%
Not feeling great about that exam... (469)
21.64%
It was TERRIBLE (182)
8.4%

Watched Threads