Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I had to fill in my student loan app yesterday cos the non-income assessed deadline is looming, and you have to specify the uni you're going to, I put UCL down. I can change my mind though cos I havnt replied to UCAS, but I dont know if I will or not, does anybody think ive been stupid (im sure many of you will given the notice board.........) but I think ive explained my reasons enough times b4.

(Original post by samd294)
    I had to fill in my student loan app yesterday cos the non-income assessed deadline is looming, and you have to specify the uni you're going to, I put UCL down. I can change my mind though cos I havnt replied to UCAS, but I dont know if I will or not, does anybody think ive been stupid (im sure many of you will given the notice board.........) but I think ive explained my reasons enough times b4.
    Indeed you have acted out of stupidity by picking UCL over the LSE. But since you are obviously stupid you do belong to UCL. Paradoxally, therefore, you have made the right decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sanctus)
    Indeed you have acted out of stupidity by picking UCL over the LSE. But since you are obviously stupid you do belong to UCL. Paradoxally, therefore, you have made the right decision.
    Amazing display of logic there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sanctus)
    As the admissions tutor in the History dept said, LSE is not the be all and end all. Yes, it is a good university but it is not the only good university and if someone will be happier at UCL then they should go there. Anyone with these unrealistic expectations of LSE as a wonderland that can do no wrong is going to be sorely disappointed when they get there.

ReputationRep:
    Hi!
    These are both great unis and are probably quite similar anyway, although LSE is rated more highly in the Times University table. I'd go for the uni where you feel you will be happiest and therefore will do better at. Both LSE and UCL will have great employability prospects. I have just replied to UCAS today, choosing French at Oxford over Law at LSE (after much deliberation). One of my teachers has just told me that it was the wrong decision. Cried a bit, but have now decided to be happy with my own decision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmJ)
    Hi!
    These are both great unis and are probably quite similar anyway, although LSE is rated more highly in the Times University table. I'd go for the uni where you feel you will be happiest and therefore will do better at. Both LSE and UCL will have great employability prospects. I have just replied to UCAS today, choosing French at Oxford over Law at LSE (after much deliberation). One of my teachers has just told me that it was the wrong decision. Cried a bit, but have now decided to be happy with my own decision.
    It was a win-win situation you were imo- you will have great fun abroad at Oxford (is it the 2nd or 3rd year u go)?

ReputationRep:
    It was for law by the way that i chose UCL over LSE (at least for the benefit of my student loan app)

ReputationRep:
    Thousands of ppl competed for places to study law at UCL and LSE, which means thousands of ppl saw something special about these two institutions which they couldnt see in others, be it the social side the academic aspect.. whatever. You are fortunate enough to have been able to choose, and since i very much doubt that the thousands of applicants out there were horribly deluded, you couldnt really go wrong there could you!

Way to go you for choosing UCL, see you in late September

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmJ)
    ...One of my teachers has just told me that it was the wrong decision. Cried a bit, but have now decided to be happy with my own decision.
    lol. Good u did what u think is best for u.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliel)
    It was a win-win situation you were imo- you will have great fun abroad at Oxford (is it the 2nd or 3rd year u go)?
    Thanks, that means a lot.
    It's the third year, and I am actually looking forward to it now. I was still a bit upset when I posted earlier, but I was in school at the time and now I've thought about it I feel better. I hope that I will do as well at Oxford as I could have done at LSE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HamaL)
    lol. Good u did what u think is best for u.
    Thanks, HamaL.
    I know LSE is a great uni and I did feel very lucky to have received an offer, but despite what my teacher said I am glad that I made my own decision. I am the one who has to live with the decision. If it was the wrong one, I'll have no-one to blame but myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmJ)
    Hi!

hey.. if you dont like the course, just change it ..

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say there is much difference between the two. Maybe LSE edges it on prestige.

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 29, 2004
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.