How is middlesex university degree classification calculated?

Watch
BenMid
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Iam doing a 3 year BSc in computer science at middlesex university and currently Iam on my third year but i was wondering how much is the second and third year at middlesex university worth? Also, how much is the dissertation worth?

Could someone please explain the section below. Thanks in advance.

Classification of undergraduate honours degrees (section E4)

Classification is based on the amount of credit you pass in each 'class' (first, upper second etc.). The system has been established to enable Assessment Boards, which decide on classifications, to focus clearly on students who are in the borderlines between two classes.

In simplified terms, to get a 1, 2.1 or 2.2 class of degree you must get 50% or more of all graded credit in the class.

If you get too much credit at a low level, you will be considered as a borderline candidate and given further consideration by the Assessment Board.

The Assessment Board considers two profiles which display the proportion of credit you have gained in each class:
• all passed credit (i.e. grades 1 to 16) at level 5 and above
• all passed credit (i.e. grades 1 to 16) at level 6 and above

This means there are usually two separate profiles which in a small number of cases give a different classification to be awarded or they are borderline. In these cases the Assessment Board will consider your case further using University guidelines, including your performance in the final stage of your programme.

http://unihub.mdx.ac.uk/study/assess...Classification
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
4.24%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (19)
16.1%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (21)
17.8%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (15)
12.71%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (36)
30.51%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (22)
18.64%

Watched Threads