It's official!!! I now suffer from memory loss

Watch
O.Ozz
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Yes, its true. I remembered this afternoon that i bought a calculator only to remember it now that i left it in tescos :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Not only that, i have poor concentration skills as i can't even remembered what i learned this morning in college, in fact i haven't clue what i've been learning for two weeks.

What can i do to get rid of demonic disease i seem to be suffering from
Tiger Rag
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You don't have a "disease". It's something you have to learn to manage. I've had memory problems since I was 11 due to a head injury. I, more often than not, can't remember what I was doing or saying 5 minutes ago.
Tj789
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You know what you should do for college get one of those tape recordersand record all your lessons, so when you come home you can basically have that exact lesson again. I seen it on tv, and dont worry Im sure teachers will let you if you tell them
O.Ozz
Rep:
?
(Original post by OU Student)
You don't have a "disease". It's something you have to learn to manage. I've had memory problems since I was 11 due to a head injury. I, more often than not, can't remember what I was doing or saying 5 minutes ago.
ok, but i haven't had an head injury or anything. I honestly do not know what has caused this, I can't concerntrate on anything and it has progressed for two months and it's worrying.
Tiger Rag
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Depression?
Nathanielle
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by O.Ozz)
ok, but i haven't had an head injury or anything. I honestly do not know what has caused this, I can't concerntrate on anything and it has progressed for two months and it's worrying.
At the end, before self-diagnosing, go to the doctors!
maddo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ironically, I have forgotten what I was going to say.

Just sharing some irony instead then...
Tiger Rag
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It really could be nothing. Not everyone who forgets stuff (I'm sure everyone forgets something from time to time) has a medical problem.
O.Ozz
Rep:
?
(Original post by OU Student)
Depression?
Bingo!!! yes i do suffer from depression but i'm not sure if that is really the cause idk
mrfletch
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Top comedy tip: it'll be really funny if you make this exact thread again tomorrow.
You're welcome.
O.Ozz
Rep:
?
(Original post by Nathanielle)
At the end, before self-diagnosing, go to the doctors!
...which they always say indirectly insult me and say i'm just a 'worrier' so no.
Tiger Rag
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by O.Ozz)
...which they always say indirectly insult me and say i'm just a 'worrier' so no.
They are probably right.
Nathanielle
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by O.Ozz)
Then you are in danger to only loose your concentration, because you are convinced you loose it. Self-fulfilling prophecy should not be underestimated. So either prepare for your appointment and fight for a diagnosis/proper assesment or be prepared to never fulfill your potential, because you are convinced you can't or worse, something gets worse, because it has never been dianosed.
Nathanielle
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by O.Ozz)
Bingo!!! yes i do suffer from depression but i'm not sure if that is really the cause idk
Often it is.
cascadingstylez
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Lack of sleep. Poor diet. Stress. All 3 major causes of temporary memory loss.

Source: Personal experience.
TurboCretin
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by O.Ozz)
Yes, its true. I remembered this afternoon that i bought a calculator only to remember it now that i left it in tescos :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Not only that, i have poor concentration skills as i can't even remembered what i learned this morning in college, in fact i haven't clue what i've been learning for two weeks.

What can i do to get rid of demonic disease i seem to be suffering from
You know, if you have issues with concentration then it may not be a memory issue at all.

Do you find that your mind is very often not on what you're doing at the time?
O.Ozz
Rep:
?
(Original post by TurboCretin)
You know, if you have issues with concentration then it may not be a memory issue at all.

Do you find that your mind is very often not on what you're doing at the time?
Yes my mind is not on what im doing most of the time
TurboCretin
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by O.Ozz)
Yes my mind is not on what im doing most of the time
Maybe focus on reducing your absent-mindedness and keeping focus on the task in hand. For example, if you put your keys somewhere think to yourself 'okay, keys are on the kitchen windowsill'. You may find that this is all it requires to embed things in your memory properly.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (20)
9.13%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (132)
60.27%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (30)
13.7%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (32)
14.61%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (5)
2.28%

Watched Threads