The Student Room Group

Don't understand life

I genuinely don't. Don't understand the explanation behind the structure of life we need to lead: school work family etc. Don't understand why we strive to take on jobs to help each other and spend a considerable about of time learning for this. Where did the concept of money come from? Why does human life need to have a purpose and why does this have to link in to jobs.
Me neither.
Reply 2
The whole job concept is to do with security.
Reply 3
Yeah I used to think like you but then I just discarded the one fatal assumption that directly leads to all this confusion. THERE IS A/NO LIFE WE NEED TO LEAD. Change your starting premise to WE STRUGGLE EVERYDAY TO HAVE ANY LIFE and you'll have a more precise theory of the world I promise. Well, at least it seems to be working for me :wink:
Reply 4
Yeah well I guess that's the whole point of living is experiencing the journey and finding your own unique purpose.. Going through trials and being tested on your strengths and weaknesses , learning to be a better person and fightingfor something you believe in , travelling the world .. Finding your soul mate , settling down , having children and having values being able to learn unconditional love.
Becoming spiritually aware , achieving a higher level of consciousness and seeking spirituality rather then mere materialist goals.

The important dilemma for us all is to be able to have a healthy balance between our mind , body and soul. Once your complete I think that is when you truly understand life!!
Reply 5
Original post by Angel.1
Yeah well I guess that's the whole point of living is experiencing the journey and finding your own unique purpose.. Going through trials and being tested on your strengths and weaknesses , learning to be a better person and fightingfor something you believe in , travelling the world .. Finding your soul mate , settling down , having children and having values being able to learn unconditional love.
Becoming spiritually aware , achieving a higher level of consciousness and seeking spirituality rather then mere materialist goals.

The important dilemma for us all is to be able to have a healthy balance between our mind , body and soul. Once your complete I think that is when you truly understand life!!

I find it interesting how you talk of your 'own unique purpose' like it's a real thing out there waiting for you. I guess that you're religious, am I right?
Reply 6
I like to call it spiritual and im just a God fearing person .. And honestly you don't have to be religious to find your way you just have to have faith in something whatever you want because without hope and faith it's no wonder you feel lost and confused..

Maybe instead of trying to understand life you start living it and let destiny guide you.
Dude.. be free, don't work.. and live in poverty if you want.
Reply 8
The way society is set up Its still survival of the fittest. This is more obvious if you understand fitness as 'ability to thrive in current conditions' instead of physical fitness.

There's no purpose just an opportunity to experience.

Quick Reply

Latest