English and American Literature the same as just English Literature?

Watch
EllRoberts
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Im applying to do English Literature at uni and I see that a few unis also offer English and American Literature? I was wondering would unis want a different personal statement for English AND american literature as opposed to one that is just 'English Literature'?
Basically I have a Lit one ready to go and was wondering if anyone whos applied/taken it knows whether you would need to include anything different to what you would in a normal lit one?
Each time I research it I just get directed to English Literature pages so Im not sure if it would be appropriate to send off an English Lit one?
I cant find many unis that do it so surely they would understand that youre probably going to be sending off to do English Lit at most places and not expect you to go deep into your mention of American Literature?
I really hope this makes sense:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
You would be expected to show an interest in American literature, as it is different to English literature. It's the same idea, but a different focus. However, it should be possible to talk about both in a way that doesn't look suspicious to either, as you don't need to explicitly mention course titles.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (96)
28.24%
No (244)
71.76%

Watched Threads