Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I went on the student loan calculator thing on the internet, and it seemed to think that I might be entitled to more than the the 75% non-income assessed bit even though my parents have a reasonably large income. I thought that if your parent earned over £32k or so you got nothing of the income assessed bit? Am I wrong???????

ReputationRep:
    i did that calc thing to and it apparently said that we get quite a bit of the loan!!! im as confused as u as our income is quite a bit above the 32K thing!

ReputationRep:
    yeh, maybe its like a theoretical maximum, but when you actually filled in the whole form and revealed that your parents were'nt war veterans or disabled etc. youd get a lot less. I filled in the form changing the income bit, and you still get some income assessed loan if your dad earns as high as £44,000, which seems very high.

ReputationRep:
    Are you going to London Uni's? That may be a reason why you are allowed more loan. Also the maximum loan for the 75% non-assessed is £3070 this year, rather than the £3000 you were allowed this current year. Otherwise I don't know why its telling you you're allowed more, as I thought the max household income was just under £32K as well.

ReputationRep:
    nah im not going london, our in come is more that 44K but it still said i could get like 3600!! whats that about!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.