The Student Room Group

What word could you not say properly as a kid?

We've all been there, no denying it.

But as a kid, I couldn't say the word 'great' properly. I always used to say 'grot'....:colondollar:...My bad!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I couldn't pronounce Jeanlucpicard..
(edited 9 years ago)
I couldn't say 'yes'; apparently, I used to go: 'Y-Y-Y-LESS!' :blush:
There was a holiday company called 'Falcon'. When I said it, it became a swear word :colone:
Reply 4
Couldn't say hospital, used to pronounce it hopistal.
'Specifically'. Sometimes I still can't say it.
Radelator for radiator

Tail for towel.
Reply 7
cinema and cinnamon... but it's probably because i have a mild lisp
As a child I struggled with zombie, which always came out as zumbie. And prison was present.
Instead of 'brown' I would say 'browned' and instead of 'teacher' I'd say 'cheater' :lol:
Enemy.

It always came out as 'nen-emy'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dwarf. I used to say twarf. Then my parents said not t-warf, d-warf so I'd say d-warf as two separate syllables.

And when I was born my uncle couldn't say Caroline so he called me calamine.
(edited 9 years ago)
Pinnochio, said Pimochio

Posted from TSR Mobile
Most of them. I had a speech impediment. I spoke like a retarded version of Kim Jung Un.

But I had particular fun with laboratory, which I pronounced labatwerwee, and Jeremy, which I pronounced Germany.
Not me, but when my little sister was younger she used to call a snail a "nail" and a glove a "glub" :teehee:
When I wanted juice I would say nothing but "blackcurrant". I found this word hard to pronounce and it would come out as "black ****".

Not ideal when you live in Birmingham. I must have seemed like the most racist 3 year old in the world.
Ironically enough, pronunciation.
Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanokoniosis. I pronounced it "pneumonoultramicroscopicSILKOvolcanokoniosis".

EDIT: Wow, what? Why does TSR insert spaces into long words?
I couldn't say yellow or Grandad

I used to say lellow and call my Grandad - jam jam
cum-cumber

Quick Reply

Latest