The Student Room Group

Extremely confused about applying for Sixth form

I'm currently in Year 11 and attend a comprehensive school. We're perpetually told that we're applying for sixth forms and colleges. However, I'm confused about how we do this.

Firstly, I have chosen about 4 sixth forms that I'd like to apply to. Do we have specific forms that we must use to apply for each sixth form, or is their a generic one that we must use? Furthermore, what exactly is required for applying to sixth form. Must we write a personal statement? Must we show our Working at Grades and Predicted, including our current completed GCSEs?
(edited 9 years ago)
I'm in year 11 too. At the beginning of the year it is just the beginning of the process. At our school we don't actually have to apply until the end of January. I would find out when the open evenings are for the sixth forms you wish to apply to and go and visit on these evenings. To meet the teachers, visit the subjects you'd like to do, get a feel for the place, and you can collect an application form then. I think it's like when you apply to secondary school so I think we'll get an application pack with all the information needed about applying for sixth form & take it from there. I think you have to go to an interview once you've sent the application off so that they can meet you in person. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by VioletPhillippo
I'm in year 11 too. At the beginning of the year it is just the beginning of the process. At our school we don't actually have to apply until the end of January. I would find out when the open evenings are for the sixth forms you wish to apply to and go and visit on these evenings. To meet the teachers, visit the subjects you'd like to do, get a feel for the place, and you can collect an application form then. I think it's like when you apply to secondary school so I think we'll get an application pack with all the information needed about applying for sixth form & take it from there. I think you have to go to an interview once you've sent the application off so that they can meet you in person. :smile:

Thanks for the info! At our school, I think we've got to apply by the end of November.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending