Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Income assessed or non-income assessed??? How do you choose?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat_uk_84)
    Income assessed is if you want to provide details of your parents income, so that you can get help with tuition fee's and extra loan if you are entitled to it. If your parents income if less than £32k per annum then tick this box. If its well above £32k, there's little point you being assessed for help, so its better to tick non-income assessed. This means that you don't provide details of any household income and are entitled to the basic loan, and have to pay maximum tuition fees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kat_uk_84)
    "Help with tuition fees

- Normally assessed on income

- Help with fees is not repayable

- Maximum fee is normally £1,125 "

If you want to apply for up to the maximum loan (£4000) or for help with tuition fees you should go for income assessed. I think. DOuble check - it should be in the help book.

ReputationRep:
    The deadline for the non-income assessed loan is the 30th of April, and the deadline for handing in the income-assessed loan is at some point in June or July.

ReputationRep:
    so is it worth taking the income assessed route anyway...just to get as much as possible? Does that then mean that you run the risk of having to pay more? I don't think my dad earns over £32k, but i think he's close - if he is slightly over, having gone through the income assessed route, we wouldn't have to pay much more then if we had used the non-assessed option..right??? argh! how confusing!

ReputationRep:
    What route has everyone else chosen? Is it easier to just go through non-income assessed? How much does that pay of the tution fees? I'm sorry, i probably should read the booklet! Thanks for the help.

ReputationRep:
    Unless you're 110% sure you won't qualify then go for income assessed, even if you'll only get an extra few quid on your loan. Last year my college actually had a policy of making everyone apply for income assessed as it's worth it, especially if you do a bit of creative accountancy .

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 28, 2004
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.