Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Do you know where your ancestry comes from?

I myself am a descendant of the Celts.

ReputationRep:
    Me = Vikings
    My bf = Danes

I am a conqueror... fear me
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Ireland

My great, great, great grandad came over during the 1800s. Married a lady in Liverpool and left behind some kids before getting on a ship to Australia. He stopped of in Bristol and got married again (and had a fwe more kids) before heading off to Oz were he married again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    Ireland

My great, great, great grandad came over during the 1800s. Married a lady in Liverpool and left behind some kids before getting on a ship to Australia. He stopped of in Bristol and got married again (and had a fwe more kids) before heading off to Oz were he married again.
    So maybe you are like me. Your family goes back to the Celts

ReputationRep:
    (I am only going by my surname.... but I like the idea of being a viking and getting together with a dane )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    I would imagine everyone except royalty and aristos have a complete mixture of 'bloodlines'.
    I agree with you there, but i'm half Liverpool and half Irish and so is my family. And half the people in Liverpool can trace their bllodlines to Ireland so chances are good that all of my family are from the Celts.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, bit of everything. My grandpa's family can be traced back to some minor noble in Ireland a couple of centuries ago, my grandma's side of the family is Scottish/Welsh, and the rest are all English, scattered around. I don't know overall!

ReputationRep:
    a great great great Uncle once removed of mine was a pleasure boatman according to my family tree.. I think we have traced back to being fishermen in Hastings at the furthest point away, but that's only my dad's side of the family

ReputationRep:
    Of course, no-one can be all that sure, but all my grandparents and everyone that I know of before that are/were Irish.

ReputationRep:
    Dad = English/French
    Mum = Irish
    Me = mixture of all three

ReputationRep:
    English, English, English, English, English, English and English.

ReputationRep:
    my mum galician (spanish)so she descends from the Celts
    my dad Bolivian- Inca

ReputationRep:
    Whoever occupied Spain, and apparently on my fathers side we are related to Alfred the Great of the Anglo Saxons.

ReputationRep:
    On my dad's side I'm descended from the Vikings. Funny because all my uncles have bright red hair and look like Vikings, and half of my cousins are blondes and look quite Scandinavian.

ReputationRep:
    my mom is irish, but i dont know my dads wayyy back but my great great grandmother lived in latvia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dude)
    Do you know where your ancestry comes from?

I myself am a descendant of the Celts.
    Sadly, yes
    They were aryans, russians and italians.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    Sadly, yes
    Forgot my mum's side..
    Well Irish,Welsh and scottish.. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I found out today that one of my friend's ancestors signed Charles I's death warrant.

Well, I was impressed....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    Sadly, yes
    Why sadly?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 27, 2004
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.