The Student Room Group

Are people that don't/can't drive idiots?

This poll is closed

No way in hell am I dating or talking to an idiot who can't drive by 21

Yes 6%
No94%
Total votes: 79
Let's say they have PTSD, or are blind, or epileptic, or severe anxiety problem which makes it dangerous for them to be on the road. Are they moronic beyond all comprehension?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Riku
Let's say they have PTSD, or are blind, or epileptic, or severe anxiety problem which makes it dangerous for them to be on the road. Are they moronic beyond all comprehension?

There are very few things everyone agrees on that makes someone suddenly a moron. Not driving for whatever reason is not one of them.
Reply 2
No...? Of course not.
Reply 3
Original post by xylas
There are very few things everyone agrees on that makes someone suddenly a moron. Not driving for whatever reason is not one of them.

I'll be honest this is a knee-jerk reaction to another poster's response. :tongue:

I don't know why I'm so quick to go on the defensive. If somebody says, "yes you eating a cookie is good enough reason for your girlfriend to dump you", I will often then make a thread "is eating a cookie a good enough reason for your girlfriend to dump you?" and I will try to justify it in the OP by saying yes, it's a sign of lack of self-control, you are not improving but regressing therefore you aren't trying hard enough, etc. It's strange :s-smilie:
(edited 9 years ago)
Certainly a lot of people that do drive are idiots.
Reply 5
Original post by Joinedup
Certainly a lot of people that do drive are idiots.

A lot of people that do drive can't drive. I don't know how they pass their test.
Don't be so silly. People in general are idiots, not just drivers.
The most successful people in the world don't drive. Does that answer your question?
Reply 8
Original post by XMaramena
The most successful people in the world don't drive. Does that answer your question?

Such as? (Not doubting you, just interested)

To OP, no. I have no idea where you got that impression. For younger people I think it's the people that do drive... They're then tasked with taxi'ing all their friends around :/
Original post by AdamCee

To OP, no. I have no idea where you got that impression. For younger people I think it's the people that do drive... They're then tasked with taxi'ing all their friends around :/

Haha my point is this - thread title "Are people that/can't drive idiots?

The most successful people in the world have chauffeurs and pilots :P

Hell, if you were so successful that at 17 you never even had to learn how to drive because you could just pay someone else to do it for you? Then no, you're not an idiot :P
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by AdamCee

Idiots was the wrong word. Socially considered 'losers' would have been better (although no doubt there is a correlation within mainstream thought between these two traits?)
In my case, it's just lazyness
Original post by Riku

How does a medical condition preventing you from driving make you a moron? :curious:
They're only moronic if they've got a condition that means they can't drive safely, and yet they still try to drive.
No.
They are just either poor or are environmentalists.
Original post by Ruthless Dutchman
A lot of people that do drive can't drive. I don't know how they pass their test.

London minicab drivers especially

Posted from TSR Mobile
Only an idiot would say so.
Original post by clh_hilary
They are just either poor or are environmentalists.

Nope. How about they live in a city and prefer cycling?
Original post by felamaslen
Nope. How about they live in a city and prefer cycling?

Environmentalist.

Quick Reply

Latest