Turn on thread page Beta

Hi Nicolas

[q1]> It is unbelievable how people are narrow minded!!![/q1]

I know, I know. But what can we do, take 'em out and shoot 'em? Education hasn't worked,
    that's for sure.

[q1]> I heard you talking about the OU and you act as if diplomas where the most important stuffs.[/q1]

No, not I. It's "educators" here in Northern Ireland who think this way. My wife wasn't allowed to
    teach full-time because she didn't have a PGCE. A laugh, because there are some school principals
    here who have no qualifications at all -- and these are the very people who treat their betters
    like ****.

[q1]> It is not. Open your eyes. I HAVE AN OU degree. And if you thinck you are right then I cant do[/q1]
    [q1]> anything.[/q1]

Bon.

[q1]> Degrees are nothing...they just show u have a potential. It doesnt mean u gonna use it...[/q1]

I agree totally.

[q1]> I have also 2 postgraduate diplomas, 3 undergraduate and among them one BA from the OU. I did the[/q1]
    [q1]> OU coz I wanted to do 2 degrees at the same time. Another thing. I am french. I am bilingual[/q1]
    [q1]> now... dont tell me the OU is crap.[/q1]

I won't. The OU is an excellent institution. It EMPLOYS crap (see my next paragraph).

[q1]> Diplomas mean nothing... move abroad, meet people, think by yourself....and you will probalbly[/q1]
    [q1]> understand.[/q1]

I've lived on 4 continents, how about you? Nicolas, you should address these fine words to the
    following people: Helen Boyd, Ron MacCartney, Eilish Hughes and Laura McCrory. They are natives of
    Northern Ireland who are as yet blissfully unaware of the greater world beyond their narrow-minded,
    sad little province. If they got a life then they wouldn't know what to do with
    it. Ulster's tragedy is that most of the brains left a long time ago, and the rest will be joining
    them soon. You need only look at the news emanating from this place to appreciate that the
    mediocre rule the roost here -- and they hate and fear talent, probably with good reason.

[q1]> I will probably do a PhD soon, dont know. I love learning different stuffs and in this way the OU[/q1]
    [q1]> is good. Look at it; thanks to the OU, your children will probably be more cultivate thanks to[/q1]
    [q1]> their TV program.[/q1]

Hmm, here's where we part company. TV is possibly the least effective of educative media, even worse
    than CD-ROM. What did you ever learn from TV that you couldn't have learned better from a book,
    radio or audiotape?

[q1]> Shout at neighbours or Brookside but not at OU...[/q1]

I honestly don't know what you mean by this, but you're probably right. Are those shows
    still running?

[q1]> Have fun[/q1]

You too, dude. Happy trails.

[q3]>>> folie a deux (sic)?[/q3]

Hey, was that YOU? I loved the LRonCupboard monniker :-)

David Kiely http://www.ou-challenge.com

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.