Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I personally am thankful for the presence in the debate section of a number of UKL members: Bigcnee ,Kildare , llama boy, Matt the cat are those that immediately come to mind.

Which members do you appreciate and why?

ReputationRep:
    Howard. I know he's a bit silly and rude sometimes but I like him because he says it how it is. Had a few good debates with riffraff too.

ReputationRep:
    Howard is good because he has completely the opposite view to me in preety much everything and therefore I enjoy debating/arguing with him.

ReputationRep:
    I think it' entertaining when people get all defensive when members like Vienna95 and bono are around. I like the way they get people so agitated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amb1)
    I think it' entertaining when people get all defensive when members like Vienna95 and bono are around. I like the way they get people so agitated.
    Errrrrrrr, yeah, it's great fun...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliel)
    It is though really isn't it?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliel)
    hehe...aww.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    hehe...aww.
    hehe, and they bad repped me...! please. how on earth ive got 5 gems when ppl detest me so much is beyond me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vienna95)
    hehe, and they bad repped me...! please. how on earth ive got 5 gems when ppl detest me so much is beyond me.
    I have not neg repped you Vienna.

ReputationRep:
    I have alot of respect for zziero and llama boy, Howard is also very capable however him and vienna can dropping into mocking peoples arguements rather than suggesting alternatives or reasons, i think proberly because of their disillusion at suggestions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speciez99)
    I have alot of respect for zziero and llama boy, Howard is also very capable however him and vienna can dropping into mocking peoples arguements rather than suggesting alternatives or reasons, i think proberly because of their disillusion at suggestions.
    Does that mean my report card reads "Howard could do better and pay more attention in class"? Sounds about right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Does that mean my report card reads "Howard could do better and pay more attention in class"? Sounds about right.
    proberly however i wouldnt you to change since at least you can have a laugh about some of the stupid suggestions

ReputationRep:
    proberly however i wouldnt you to change since at least you can have a laugh about some of the stupid suggestions
    Well, as long as I continue to serve a purpose on the forum, a focal point for all things comic, I'll hang around to give you a giggle.

ReputationRep:
    llama boy in my view is the only consistently good debater in this forum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    Never seems to have an "off day" does he? I think he's good at it because he's highly selective about the threads he joins.

I'll have a stab at anything, find out I don't really know what I'm talking about, and often get my fingers burned. Llama boy is much more selective than most so any weakness is less well exposed.

It's a bit like Mastermind. If you stick to your "chosen subject" you're unlikely to look an ass. However, as the subject area broadens or as you stray onto a whole new topic you'll find yourself with your foot in your mouth more often!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Never seems to have an "off day" does he? I think he's good at it because he's highly selective about the threads he joins.

I'll have a stab at anything, find out I don't really know what I'm talking about, and often get my fingers burned. Llama boy is much more selective than most so any weakness is less well exposed.

It's a bit like Mastermind. If you stick to your "chosen subject" you're unlikely to look an ass. However, as the subject area broadens or as you stray onto a whole new topic you'll find yourself with your foot in your mouth more often!
    Thats a fair enough point. I mainly consider him the best debater because any views he has, are very well articulated and explained and justified.

Sadly, other people tend just to make sweeping general statements and arerly analysis the situation to any great depth.

ReputationRep:
    vienna95,jonatan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    Does he do copy and paste jobs?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    Does he do copy and paste jobs?
    no.

ReputationRep:
    i think proberly because of their disillusion at suggestions.
    hehe, spot on!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.