This discussion is closed.
IBsTuDeNt
Badges: 0
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by grace)
oooh, playing against the wall is BRILLIANT!!!!!!! Improves ur reactions blah blah blah, it's good for your game but it's good fun as well, when u just feel like smashing the ball around and no one wants to play with you!

but its boring....

as compared to playing with friends when its hard to predict wats coming at u...
Harry Potter
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Tennis is crap. I only play it because it's a social game. Squash is far superior.
grace
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Harry Potter)
Tennis is crap. I only play it because it's a social game. Squash is far superior.

:eek: :eek: :eek: that's a horrible thing to say! Are u a guy by any chance?
4Ed
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by IBsTuDeNt)
but its boring....

as compared to playing with friends when its hard to predict wats coming at u...
yeah but you need to play against the wall... it's practice!
how can you get anywhere in any sport without individual practice... you can't just play competitively all the time!
IBsTuDeNt
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by 4Ed)
yeah but you need to play against the wall... it's practice!
how can you get anywhere in any sport without individual practice... you can't just play competitively all the time!

true....
Harry Potter
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by grace)
:eek: :eek: :eek: that's a horrible thing to say! Are u a guy by any chance?
Yes.

Did you know that in the average tennis match you're only playing for 20% of the time? That's probably only a bit more than golf It's also rubbish for exercise and boring to watch.
joyabbott
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
How are you only playing for 20% of the time? Surely in a single's match, you're playing for 50% of the time.

Anyway, tennis is a brilliant sport. I used to play quite a lot and dare I say was quite good. However, don't get many opportunities to play these days,
grace
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Harry Potter)
It's also rubbish for exercise and boring to watch.

maybe so, but u get a killer toned arse, lol
andy_b
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Supreme Emperor)
i was number 1 in england at tennis when i was 12 so only i really can give a comment on tennis.
and your the number 1 twat in england right now. pistol_star, supreme_one or supreme_emporer, your still a dkhead.
kita
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Erm tennis is actually really good exercise and needs high level of skill - agility, co-ordination not to mention high fitness levels and bloody good reaction times. Anyway...i do gymnastics not tennis...much more interesting, altho i do enjoy a good game of tennis with my friends
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you do not get the A-level grades you want this summer, what is your likely next step?

Take autumn exams (69)
46.94%
Take exams next summer (26)
17.69%
Change uni choice through clearing (34)
23.13%
Apply to uni next year instead (14)
9.52%
I'm not applying to university (4)
2.72%

Watched Threads