Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil Queen)
    I can't remember...eitherway that final comment shoved you well and truley into the geek catagory
    Did it?
    Oh, okay.
    I do create alternate theories on how it would be possible to explain things, if thats any help?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I am a geek, I study maths so I have no excuse really. I'm not socially inept though, like a lot of major geeks.

Adam

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a geek; I am gifted.

ReputationRep:
    Define geek. Everyone here (at Cam) is intelligent and has to work reasonably hard to keep going with things. Does that make us all geeks? (Which is a lame word anyway). Maybe we are compared with the rest of the world, but here most people are quite happy this way - it all depends on how you look at it.

ReputationRep:
    What's a troll?
    I don't really know
    A boy in my class said that 'Monty Python' was for geeks
    Please tell me that this is not true

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piggysqueak)
    What's a troll?
    I don't really know
    A boy in my class said that 'Monty Python' was for geeks
    Please tell me that this is not true
    A troll is someone who comes on a message board solely for the purpose of insulting people and writing threads designed to start arguments.

Monty Python may not be mainstream in the narrow little world that constitutes absolute cool, but if you like it then watch it
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by piggysqueak)
    What's a troll?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_troll

ReputationRep:
    I definitely would classify myself as a geek, especially since I would much rather be in front of a computer screen than out with friends, unless of course we were at a LAN event.

ReputationRep:
    Am I a geek? A geek is defined as:

a. A person regarded as foolish, inept, or clumsy.
    b. A person who is single-minded or accomplished in scientific or technical pursuits but is felt to be socially inept.

I am foolish, inept and clumsy at time but watching students pouring out clubs at 2 am I don't feel myself to be alone in that.

Lastly, I am semi-accomplished in scientific and technical pursuits... but at least that means I can fix my car and repair my computer. And as I'm not particularly socially inept, I can do the same to my friends computers' and cars'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Supreme Emperor)
    you are most certainly a geek. if you can remember i am the 5 full stops
    Wow, isn't that exciting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I am geek

1) I spend too much time on the internet
    2) I study the internet
    3) I study programming
    4) I build computers
    5) I work as a web developer
    6) I like indie
    7) I am a clubbing geek
    8) I know every single backstreet of Manchester city centre
    9) I know every single bus route in Manchester
    10) I have a large vinyl collection.

Beat that!
    which is the quickest route from town to salford?

ReputationRep:
    Lots of medical students are geeky. Don't let the 'work hard, play hard' slogon fool you.

ReputationRep:
    I'm geek-type. I'm an 18-year-old virgin. I have never been out with a girl before. I love my computer.

I would rather be successful, intelligent and make loads of money to provide for my family than be good-looking and highly social, going out shagging girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chidori)
    I'm geek-type. I'm an 18-year-old virgin. I have never been out with a girl before. I love my computer.

I would rather be successful, intelligent and make loads of money to provide for my family than be good-looking and highly social, going out shagging girls.
    But alas, the two catagories are not mutually exclusive.

afraid so.
    i know way too much about computers than is healthy, i like games, and i have an outrageously big collection of music. im the one main sharers of films and music within cambridge. and i suck at most sports.
    That said, i do have a social life, i do dress well, I don't spray my shorts at the first sight of a fit girl etc.
    Lost soul me
    J

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by foolfarian)
    I don't spray my shorts at the first sight of a fit girl etc.
    Lost soul me
    J
    meh, ward-rounds just wouldn't be the same...

ReputationRep:
    Well my computer is my most prized possession (only just edging out my car..), I'm studying computer science, and I spend pretty much all of my home time on my computer.

But I also play a lot of sport. I run about 15 miles in total per week aswell as playing squash 2-3 times and football regularly. I have done modelling and acting work and also have a great social life...

im the one main sharers of films and music within cambridge.
    J
    I am the same at uea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chidori)

I have developed a rather strong attachment to my computer, don't worry its natural. Don't forget you are heavily into anime (I assume by your avatar).

ReputationRep:
    afraid so.
    i know way too much about computers than is healthy, i like games, and i have an outrageously big collection of music. im the one main sharers of films and music within cambridge. and i suck at most sports.
    That said, i do have a social life, i do dress well, I don't spray my shorts at the first sight of a fit girl etc.
    Lost soul me
    J
    oh come on, most people have a large collection of music, mine is over 1000 tracks. I am quite a hardcore gamer and I am quite an active sharer (through bittorrent)

ReputationRep:
    bunch of nerds

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.