Would someone please help me? Watch

lolabanana
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, I just need to know if this is a good 12 mark essay. I've just started college

According to learning theory, infants get attached to their primary caregiver through classical conditioning and operant conditioning. Classical conditioning, discovered by Ivan Pavlov, a Russian physiologist, is a learning process that happens through associations between environmental stimulus and naturally occurring stimulus or in other words, conditioned stimulus being paired with unconditioned stimulus.

Ivan Pavlov researched dog’s digestion and noted the subject would salivate before delivery of food. He presented a variety of stimuli before presenting the food eventually finding out that the dog would salivate to the presence of the stimuli. This same research can be applied to human beings where the baby receives food (an unconditioned stimulus) and becomes happy (an unconditioned response) and the mother feeding her baby is the neutral stimulus. The baby will then experience the mother giving food, thus making it happy (a continuous process) which then makes the baby attached to the mother (conditioned stimulus) due to being happy (a conditioned response)

Operant conditioning suggests attachment as a reinforced response. For example, when a baby feels discomfort, it is fed therefore the baby will feel happy. Food is now the primary reinforce, the person feeding the baby will be associated with happiness and comfort and therefore become the secondary reinforce. Through this an attachment is formed.

There are studies that contradict Learning Theory. Harlow and Harlow (1962) introduced an experiment with two separate monkeys, one being covered in towelling with no food, the other with wire mesh and offering food. The study showed that the monkeys preferred the warmth of the towelled monkey rather than the wire mesh monkey, who they would run to when scared. This study shows that monkeys did not prefer the wire mesh monkey, which provided them food. Therefore, suggesting there is more to the study. However, this cannot be generalised to humans as humans are a lot more developed than monkeys.
TSR Learn Together
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
iloveteddy14
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah that sounds really good

Posted from TSR Mobile
lolabanana
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by iloveteddy14)
Yeah that sounds really good

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you !!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (26)
11.06%
Yes - a food allergy (24)
10.21%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (7)
2.98%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (8)
3.4%
No (170)
72.34%

Watched Threads