Turn on thread page Beta

In only 2 weeks its my dinner and dance (why doesnt my skool just use the name prom????) anyway my mum took me to london to......F something road.....cnt remember the name of the place but it was full of prom dresses! I highly reckommend it! neway I got mine....it was the first one I saw at just £140! Its black shiny material that shimers in the light, its a halterneck and makes me look really good......just cant wait to wear it now! Cant wait! But the only problem is I dunno how to have my hair.......help me!!! Have you girls got any ideas???? plz reply xxxx :confused:

ReputationRep:
    If you have money to spend, go to the hairdressers and book an appointment for an up-do. That normally includes a sort of practise session and the one on the day. Ring up for quotes.

If not, I'd say just blow dry your hair straight or have quite flowing, loose curls, depending on your hair.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, and they're not calling it a prom because it isn't a prom maybe?

No its a prom! Just a wierd way of saying prom......i think! xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley...)
    Oh, and they're not calling it a prom because it isn't a prom maybe?
    sarcasum ah she looking forward to it she can call it what she likes :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fritz)
    In America they're called proms. Over here they're not.

Prom just makes me think of music concerts. And then awful, awful teen films.

I don't like using the word prom for balls/dances/etc.
    But I suppose that's preference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fritz)

proms dont have food.

dinner and dance is when you have a meal and then a party,

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robo)
    sarcasum ah she looking forward to it she can call it what she likes :eek:
    So she could call it a skirting board if she wanted?

Prom is an American term and I guess the schools don't want to be associated with them. So they use the equally (and some would say more..) valid ball, dance, etc.

lol, sum1 joked about worrying about spilling food down her top...lol...i replied that she ought to get a black diamante bib lol! I'm not looking forward to the food.....the thought of me spilling on my newly altered dress!

U wierdo..... Who the hell wuld call a dinner dance a skirting board??????????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley...)
    So she could call it a skirting board if she wanted?

Prom is an American term and I guess the schools don't want to be associated with them. So they use the equally (and some would say more..) valid ball, dance, etc.
    stop being a hobo :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fritz)
    U wierdo..... Who the hell wuld call a dinner dance a skirting board??????????
    Sorry, that was me being contentious, and that was the first thing I saw when I was trying to think of something. Y'know, "She can call it anything" being able to encompass a skirting board in the whole realm of everything.

Sorry, having to wait sodding ages for the bus has made me argumentative.

Weirdo/hobo. How kind of you both.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like the word prom...ball sounds so much lovelier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    I don't like the word prom...ball sounds so much lovelier
    Exactly...

I'm anti-prom, pro-ball.

I totally agree xxx

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hijack your thread.. lol

Just wondering.. which colour does everyone prefer? I like both and need to choose by tonight.. shame it's not buy one get one free..
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by interiority)
    I like the black one.
    hmmm.. I guess the white would get something spilt down it anyway

ReputationRep:
    what colour is your hair?

ReputationRep:
    i actually like the white 1 more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elle)
    Sorry to hijack your thread.. lol

Just wondering.. which colour does everyone prefer? I like both and need to choose by tonight.. shame it's not buy one get one free..
    Deffo the black one.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.