Graphic Design or Creative Advertising?

Watch
Stephanei
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hello,
I'm just wondering about either course at Lincoln University (graphic design and creative advertising) and what they're like. I definitely want to go to Lincoln but I'm having a hard time deciding between the two. I'm going to an open day next week and will see both talks but I would like to know from either current students/past students about the courses, how much work there is, just how it is in general.
My sister currently does illustration at Lincoln university and from her experience the lecturers are unorganised and it's generally a work overload. I'm worried this will be the same for GD and CA.
I've already done one year of university, studying music at York, but decided not to go back for my 2nd year due to mental health issues that developed over summer. I also applied for graphic design at Lincoln previously and got a place but decided to do music instead when I really should have picked graphics.
Now my dilemma is creative advertising (which I didn't even realise they did) Not sure which course would be best.
Help?
University of Lincoln
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Stephanei)
Hello,
I'm just wondering about either course at Lincoln University (graphic design and creative advertising) and what they're like. I definitely want to go to Lincoln but I'm having a hard time deciding between the two. I'm going to an open day next week and will see both talks but I would like to know from either current students/past students about the courses, how much work there is, just how it is in general.
My sister currently does illustration at Lincoln university and from her experience the lecturers are unorganised and it's generally a work overload. I'm worried this will be the same for GD and CA.
I've already done one year of university, studying music at York, but decided not to go back for my 2nd year due to mental health issues that developed over summer. I also applied for graphic design at Lincoln previously and got a place but decided to do music instead when I really should have picked graphics.
Now my dilemma is creative advertising (which I didn't even realise they did) Not sure which course would be best.
Help?
Hi Stephanei,

How did the open day go? I think you definitely did the right thing by deciding to come along to one. Did you manage to talk to some of the tutors from each course? It may be worth checking out one of our Creative Advertising lecturers @justintagg on twitter too!

Georgia
(Lincoln Journalism graduate & Social Media Officer)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (363)
84.22%
No (68)
15.78%

Watched Threads