This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Hello, This module is so messed up that it does not have its own sylabus, it just says to use everything from unit 1-5, how da hell u ment prepare. Also does anyone know how da marking works in dis unit cause

i got 33 out of 50 in da course work,
do u multiply by 1.2 to get ums or somethin and then do the same with the written paper?

how does it work?
Vin
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Unregistered
Hello, This module is so messed up that it does not have its own sylabus, it just says to use everything from unit 1-5, how da hell u ment prepare. Also does anyone know how da marking works in dis unit cause

do u multiply by 1.2 to get ums or somethin and then do the same with the written paper?

how does it work?
Yes, there is no new material to be learnt for this Unit paper. Remembering and recalling everything from Units 1 to 5 will be required, so I guess the only way to prepare is to look through all of the Units.

The raw marks for this paper is also out of 50. The total number of raw marks for Unit 6 is therefore 100 since it includes coursework. Your final mark will be out of 100 and which they scale it up to a mark out of 120 for UMS.

The raw mark boundary for A is normally around 77 or so for this particular Unit. Since you already have 33 raw marks for coursework, you will need to get at least 44/50 marks on the paper.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Hi.....how is everyone preparing for this module 6B on Tuesday?

Does anyone know what will most likely come up?
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Unregistered

how does it work?
6B: Synoptic

Students will be expected to:
Draw together knowledge, understanding and skills learned in different parts of the GCE course including practical aspects. The emphasis of synoptic assessment is on understanding and application of the principles included in the specification.

Each paper is out of 60 UMS marks, 50 Raw on each. The practical will be just about a linear scale of 1.2.

The 6B may be slightly more than that, as it is unlikely you will need all 50 marks on 6B to get 60 UMS.

What I know for certain is that it'll come up on your results slip as Unit 6: xxx/120, and you'll not know how you did on each individual component.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I'm in a terrible state over 6B!

I've got to do well in it.....

And I totally forgotten my unit 1 2 and some of 4 completely (Only did module 5 for the summer exams)

Does anyone have any ideas what will definetely come up
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Edexcels 6B Synoptic is here:

http://www.edexcel.org.uk/virtualcontent/25062.pdf on Page 65

Every other exam board has a similar style of paper as every subject much have some element of synopsis involved.

So from AQA, their Unit 6A looks at Synopsis.

http://www.aqa.org.uk/qual/gceasa/qp...W-QP-Jun02.pdf

and from OCR, pages 179 - 186 of this document, which has a mark scheme from 187-192, for their equivalent unit "Unifying Concepts in Chemistry"

http://www.ocr.org.uk/OCR/WebSite/Da...UKq4FrPjq4.pdf

elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
there are sample papers on their website, page 65 of http://www.edexcel.org.uk/virtualcontent/25062.pdf
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (298)
34.14%
No (575)
65.86%

Watched Threads