Hudl
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Has anyone got model answers to the topics in BIOL4 & BIOL5
I realised my problem at AS was not learning the markscheme answewrs early enough, even though I knew the theory and understood the content. I learnt the ms only like a week before the exam.

I got 88ums in BIOL1
100 in BIOL2

Im aiming for the A this year :/ so yeah if you have any resources please post
plasmaman
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Hudl)
Has anyone got model answers to the topics in BIOL4 & BIOL5
I realised my problem at AS was not learning the markscheme answewrs early enough, even though I knew the theory and understood the content. I learnt the ms only like a week before the exam.

I got 88ums in BIOL1
100 in BIOL2

Im aiming for the A this year :/ so yeah if you have any resources please post
You must have been close to the A. How was your EMPA/ISA
Hudl
Rep:
?
(Original post by plasmaman)
You must have been close to the A. How was your EMPA/ISA
I got 42 in the empa, 10ums of an A at AS

I'm going to be resitting Unit 2 & EMPA
plasmaman
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ah unlucky! In terms of model answers, what I found best was spending ages looking at mark schemes for questions on specific processes etc. , helped especially for BIOL1 but also worked for BIOL2. For example, if you want to guarantee full marks on a question asking you to describe the process of eutrophication for BIOL 4, search for a past exam question on eutrophication and incorporate the mark scheme answer into your revision notes. Have you got the AQA A2 Biology endorsed textbook?
plasmaman
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Hudl)
I got 42 in the empa, 10ums of an A at AS

I'm going to be resitting Unit 2 & EMPA
Ah unlucky! In terms of model answers, what I found best was spending ages looking at mark schemes for questions on specific processes etc. , helped especially for BIOL1 but also worked for BIOL2. For example, if you want to guarantee full marks on a question asking you to describe the process of eutrophication for BIOL 4, search for a past exam question on eutrophication and incorporate the mark scheme answer into your revision notes. Have you got the AQA A2 Biology endorsed textbook?
Hudl
Rep:
?
(Original post by plasmaman)

Ahh so, you suggest I do this whilst making notes?

I have the AQA A2 Biology Nelson Thornes book

-----------------------------------------------------

Do you have any notes for BIOL4?
plasmaman
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Hudl)
Ahh so, you suggest I do this whilst making notes?

I have the AQA A2 Biology Nelson Thornes book

-----------------------------------------------------

Do you have any notes for BIOL4?
Yes, this way you know what you're writing when revising will actually get you marks, so you're not missing the point when just using the textbook. Make sure you leave some exam papers untouched to use as mocks close to the actual exam though.
The textbook actually has the points from the specification which helps you condense things down too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (20)
13.16%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (42)
27.63%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (63)
41.45%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (23)
15.13%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.63%

Watched Threads