Why did Deutschland not get the BOMB?

Watch
perfectsymbology
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Just wondering why Japan was a testing ground for nuclear weapons and Germany wasn't. Maybe Germany wasn't even considered a threat at this point and the Dresden bombing was seen as enough retaliation.
Doones
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Germany had already surrendered.

Posted from TSR Mobile
bubadeeboop
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Yep Germany was out of the war before the first nuclear weapon was even tested.
Clip
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by perfectsymbology)
Just wondering why Japan was a testing ground for nuclear weapons and Germany wasn't. Maybe Germany wasn't even considered a threat at this point and the Dresden bombing was seen as enough retaliation.
Quite an embarrassing question to ask, really.
perfectsymbology
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Not really. if you don't ask you'll never know.
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by perfectsymbology)
Are you talking about Hiroshima? retaliation seems to be possible. Japan has bombed Pearl Harbour and the Americans regarded that as a reason for revenge. Another reason could be the geography. While Germany is the centre of Europe, Japan is an island state. Thus it would do more damage for another countries to attack Germany than to attack Japan.
DErasmus
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Clip)
Quite an embarrassing question to ask, really.
and why did he call it Doucheland instead of Germany?
Clip
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Kallisto)
Are you talking about Hiroshima? retaliation seems to be possible. Japan has bombed Pearl Harbour and the Americans regarded that as a reason for revenge. Another reason could be the geography. While Germany is the centre of Europe, Japan is an island state. Thus it would do more damage for another countries to attack Germany than to Attack Japan.
Which bit of "the War in Europe had been won before the A-bomb was built" did you not get?
Kallisto
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Clip)
Which bit of "the War in Europe had been won before the A-bomb was built" did you not get?
You are right. After online search, I found out that Nagasaki and Hiroshima got bombed in August 1945, the (official) end of World War II was on 8th May 1945. I didn't know the exact date and I have no comments read before, but the one of the thread starter. Sorry!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (67)
33.33%
Yes - a trusted person (54)
26.87%
No (53)
26.37%
I'm not sure (27)
13.43%

Watched Threads