The Student Room Group
Reply 1
squirrellywrath
I'm trying to put down my music etc qualifications in the section on apply, but it says I have to put in a centre number and I don't know what it is for the places I took my exams, and it doesn't say on the certificates or anything...what should I do?!

I had (and again have) the same problem with my LAMDA qualifications; I did some at a public centre and for another the examiner came to my group's private centre. I have no idea about the number for either - I'm just going to mention the grades in my PS I guess. :confused:
I seem to remember that it allowed text rather than numbers to be put in there last year when I applied - I just wrote down where I took the exams, instead of a centre number...
Reply 3
I put the place yeah. If your exams were with the Associated Board then they have an exam regulations booklet with the centre numbers in.
Reply 4
Last year I just left it as the school centre number. That way if it was traced for whatever reason, the school would understand and either be able to answer or forward any quieries to me. As it happened nothing was ever asked.
Reply 5
As I did two exams at one place and one at another, I managed to look at my LAMDA certificates and report sheets and spotted the difference (some letters and numbers hiding at the bottom corner of the sheet).
The centre name will make little or no sense to anyone reading it (Blackpool & Fylde College of FE and HE was 'BLAPUB' and my group's centre was 'STAKEM') but at least I found it and it shouldn't cause problems if they want to check them. :smile:
I put down unknown, but it doesn't matter. Unis won't really care about the centre for music exams.

Latest

Trending

Trending