The Student Room Group

People Avidly Avoid My Face.

Hi studentroom. If you're going to give me a lecture, I'd lay off it. I've heard every lecture there is in the textbook, and many are hypocritical. I don't think I'm looking for advice unless it's truly game changing and progresses my life. I didn't want to call this post my 'ugly' face. People tend to think that means you have low self esteem, not the case. It's just that my experiences with leaving my home for the outside world are often 'disheartening' and 'disconcerting'. Of course those are emotive words and if you have a different personality and are a sociopath or completely nihilistic, I can understand it wouldn't be upsetting or worrying. So when I go out, I notice a lot of things that suggest my appearance puts off and disturbs others. One particular instance is the last time I tried to go out, when I approached the bus stop and there was a man there, and almost as soon as I sat down on the seat, he left and I saw that he had walked to the other bus stop. My style of dressing is conservative, modest and definitely clean and tidy. My grooming is all fine as well. I didn't make any eye contact with him prior to it. I am a thin sized 19 yo woman, not intimidating looking by any stretch of the imagination. This happened again, with another younger man, the second time I had to take a bus that day. I know for sure I don't stink... When I look in the mirror, I see pretty. But people act like I'm some kind of freakshow mutant every time I leave my house.
Are you certain you aren't being paranoid? Is it possible the man felt insecure about himself and wanted to be alone without having a negative view of your face, or that he had to catch a bus that only went from the other stop?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Are you certain you aren't being paranoid? Is it possible the man felt insecure about himself and wanted to be alone without having a negative view of your face, or that he had to catch a bus that only went from the other stop?

My stop is the last stop, furthest away from the city that it goes into in my area. The bus only goes to one destination, the same either way.
It was two men, they seemed completely normal, confident, fine. Not insecure. Why would someone move away from you because they're insecure??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending