NO (24)
70.59%
This discussion is closed.
medicslife
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
My friend is a size 14 for shirts and a size 12 for trousers. She is around my height, 5''7. I think she is lovely but she keeps going on about how fat people think she is. Guys, do you think a size 14 for 5''7 is fat?!!
BKS
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I doubt your 'friend' is fat. A lot of women have this idea that 8/10 is good, 12 is ok, 14 is fat which mostly makes no sense because it takes no account of height but also because clothes sizes don't say that much about body shape and composition.
Implication
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Maybe, maybe not. We can't really say from a size and a height... honestly I think more than likely she's carrying more fat than is optimal for her looking as best she can to others, but maybe she just has wide hips etc. ?

Still, if people think she looks bad and she wants to look good, you won't be doing her any favours by saying she's lovely how she is etc.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rock Fan
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Not fat at all
loulouwoods12
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well I’m 5ft8 and a size 8/10 so she may be slightly overweight but by no means is anyone who is a size 14 fat. There’s a big difference between being fat and being overweight and I wouldn’t consider it an unhealthy size either
PollyParrot23
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It depends on how she's built (if she has broad shoulders or something) but I'd say a size 14 is big. Clothing size is weird though, body measurements and body fat are a better indicator but in my opinion I think a 6-8 is a small, 10-12 is a medium and 14-16 is large, 18 and over is extra large for women in the average height category (like 5 ft 3 to 5 ft 7).

To be honest its difficult to say. I have a friend who I thought was slimmer than me but because of her bone structure actually wears a size larger than I do. I know someone who is a 12 who is quite big (she's not really short) but a girl who is a similar height, totally different build and neither slim nor fat but somewhere in between and wears a 14. In my case, I think I'd be fat if I wore a size 14. But that's not necessarily the case for everyone

Also if she's regularly getting size 14s from H&M then she's probably not big at all and girls with curvier boobs and bums need larger sizes so their shirts don't look indecent!
LavenderBlueSky88
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If I was a size 14 I’d be fat but that’s because of my body shape. Loads of girls can be slim and a size 14 because they have boobs/hips/bum which means they take that size. Depends on where you store fat and your bone structure.
artuo
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by medicslife)
My friend is a size 14 for shirts and a size 12 for trousers. She is around my height, 5''7. I think she is lovely but she keeps going on about how fat people think she is. Guys, do you think a size 14 for 5''7 is fat?!!
nowhere near fat
MoonlightRain
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
not fat on the scale
Karisa96
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No in my opinion definitely not fat.
Around average size these days.
Mixedraceguy
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Size 14 is big but she could be muscular
artuo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Mixedraceguy)
Size 14 is big but she could be muscular
no 16 big 18 20 24 14 would never be classed as big. AVERAGE
Mixedraceguy
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by artuo)
no 16 big 18 20 24 14 would never be classed as big. AVERAGE
14 isn't slim tho
artuo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Mixedraceguy)
14 isn't slim tho
10 to 12 is slim 14 is average 16 and above is large
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (144)
29.94%
No (337)
70.06%

Watched Threads