The Student Room Group

PgDip Nursing

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BeeBeeBubbles
Hi I've applied for mental health nursing and LSBU told me themselves when I attended the interview. However I can't be sure it thats the case for other disciplines but I would advise you to ask in case. Especially as they aren't telling people before hand.

ahh that's not a good news ;( I've applied for MH nursing as well. Just to confirm so they no longer sending their students to SLaM and other inner london trust like Camden&islington for placement? I live in south london so travelling up to Essex for placement is definitely a NO!
My assessment day is coming up next week..
Original post by AlmondCantucci
ahh that's not a good news ;( I've applied for MH nursing as well. Just to confirm so they no longer sending their students to SLaM and other inner london trust like Camden&islington for placement? I live in south london so travelling up to Essex for placement is definitely a NO!
My assessment day is coming up next week..

Ohh yea they said it very unlikely that they would be able to partnership with SLaM anymore and that all there PGDip placements will only be with nelft. The woman interviewing us said that the placements could be in the evening, nights and early mornings. So if you live in south London it might not be practical. 7 of the 12 people who were there for the interview left, I stayed. But I will be living in south London as well so I doubt I will made them my first choice as I don't have a car so I can't be sure I will be able to make all the placements.
Original post by pollyabu
Aww that's grand, hopefully it was just for MH. The waiting is killing me! I keep checking the email every 10 mins in case they let people know at weekends. I'm going to give them until Thursday, then call them I think. I'm a ruddy nightmare :smile: Got a maths and english day for City coming up, I don't fancy it particularly, they seem a bit snotty, so if I get MDX I'm firming straight away and pulling out of everywhere else.

Yea I don't think they would tell you on the weekends as normally admissions only work weekdays. And I've not been to City yet, why do you think they are snooty? And I live in south london so the commute is the most important and then the teaching at the Uni.
Yea I don't think they would tell you on the weekends as normally admissions only work weekdays. And I've not been to City yet, why do you think they are snooty? And I live in south london so the commute is the most important and then the teaching at the Uni.

I dunno, anyone that I've been chatting to at the tests and interview have been of the opinion that they were very unwelcoming on their selection days and all of them had been rejected, some only from their personal statements. Maybe there are a really popular nursing school and they can afford to be.
Has anyone applied to any unis outside of London? It feels like everyone is only applying to London. When I apply next year I won't be able to afford living there and am looking at moving back up north. There isn't much of a choice

York University (however this course isn't on UCAS or the NHS course list)
Leeds (MSc only)
Sheffield Uni
Sheffield Hallam
Nottingham (Derby campus)
Southampton
Oxford Brookes (Msc only I think)
Surrey
Essex

And I think there were a few more but I don't remember them off the top of my head. What are the reputation of these unis in your opinion?
Has anyone had a interview yet?

I have a interview with LSBU on Friday, Middlesex the following Thursday and Kingston on Friday the 27th.
I'm a bit scared regarding questions that relate to experience as I've only worked with kids with disabilities but I'm applying for mental health.

Any advice or pointers would be so helpful.

Thank you in advance

Hi BeeBeeBubbles,

Please let me know if you have any questions about Kingston and I will do my best to answer them!

Chloe :smile:
Student Ambassador
Original post by pollyabu
I dunno, anyone that I've been chatting to at the tests and interview have been of the opinion that they were very unwelcoming on their selection days and all of them had been rejected, some only from their personal statements. Maybe there are a really popular nursing school and they can afford to be.

Oh thank you, I'll take that in to consideration. I know a couple of people have told me they were rejected straight away from city. Maybe they have less spaces. Hopefully they aren't unwelcoming, as they seem like they are the closest to me now southbank has changed there placements.
Original post by Kingston University
Hi BeeBeeBubbles,

Please let me know if you have any questions about Kingston and I will do my best to answer them!

Chloe :smile:
Student Ambassador

Thank you for your reply. In regards to kingston I was wondering what kind of activities can take place in the multiple mini interviews?
Original post by Emmaarrgghh
Has anyone applied to any unis outside of London? It feels like everyone is only applying to London. When I apply next year I won't be able to afford living there and am looking at moving back up north. There isn't much of a choice

York University (however this course isn't on UCAS or the NHS course list)
Leeds (MSc only)
Sheffield Uni
Sheffield Hallam
Nottingham (Derby campus)
Southampton
Oxford Brookes (Msc only I think)
Surrey
Essex

And I think there were a few more but I don't remember them off the top of my head. What are the reputation of these unis in your opinion?

I've heard Essex are good and west london do nursing and are based in reading not london. People keep telling me they are easy to get in to, just in case you want a sure deal.
Reply 89
Has anyone been invited to the Test Day at King's College? Mine's on the 25th of Feb!
I've heard Essex are good and west london do nursing and are based in reading not london. People keep telling me they are easy to get in to, just in case you want a sure deal.

Always good to know :wink: cheers!
What hospitals do City send students to for Adult Nursing do you know?
Ohh yea they said it very unlikely that they would be able to partnership with SLaM anymore and that all there PGDip placements will only be with nelft. The woman interviewing us said that the placements could be in the evening, nights and early mornings. So if you live in south London it might not be practical. 7 of the 12 people who were there for the interview left, I stayed. But I will be living in south London as well so I doubt I will made them my first choice as I don't have a car so I can't be sure I will be able to make all the placements.

Hi I got in touch with LSBU directly enquiring about the partnership trust for the placment. They still told me that you would be allocated either at c&i trust or Slam if you are based at southwark campus. And North East London trust if you are based at Havering campus.

I am confused whether this is actually true or they are hiding it to attract more students,,, if so its quite concerning... Lol
Hi I got in touch with LSBU directly enquiring about the partnership trust for the placment. They still told me that you would be allocated either at c&i trust or Slam if you are based at southwark campus. And North East London trust if you are based at Havering campus.

I am confused whether this is actually true or they are hiding it to attract more students,,, if so its quite concerning... Lol

That's really weird. They offered me a place but I wasn't going to accept because at the interview Sharon jupp (the director of studies for mental health) said it wouldn't be with slam anymore . Who did you speak to was it a receptionist or the director of studies?
That's really weird. They offered me a place but I wasn't going to accept because at the interview Sharon jupp (the director of studies for mental health) said it wouldn't be with slam anymore . Who did you speak to was it a receptionist or the director of studies?

The person I contacted was someone from course enquiries office. I guess what you said came from the course director , then that would more likely to be true...
The person I contacted was someone from course enquiries office. I guess what you said came from the course director , then that would more likely to be true...

Yea, but either way that's really disorganised.

What other universities have you applied for?
What other universities have you applied for?

Thanks for the info anyway:smile: applied for kings but got rejected. Middlesex test is coming up this week. Applied for city but got rejected because of some issues with my application. Actually thinking of apply again for city through clearing... But it's quite risky.. How about you?
Thanks for the info anyway:smile: applied for kings but got rejected. Middlesex test is coming up this week. Applied for city but got rejected because of some issues with my application. Actually thinking of apply again for city through clearing... But it's quite risky.. How about you?

I applied for LSBU got a offer, Middlesex had my interview last Thursday, have interviews coming up for Kingston and new bucks. And I was offered a interview with city but I realised I made a mistake on ucas and applied for adult nursing not mental so I'm waiting for a response.
Hey guys and gals, got a conditional offer!!! I hounded them on the phone for it so I don't have any details yet as to what the conditions are…has anyone had a conditional offer? What do they usually entail? Should I start maniacally shopping for cute stationary yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending