The Student Room Group

Here to help with PSYA3 and PSYA4

I have just finished my a levels and achieved a B grade in Psychology with only 6 marks away from the A grade. I am happy to help any students doing AQA Psychology and doing the PSYA3 and PSYA4 exams. I have kept some of my resources and some marked essays.

Please feel free to ask even the smallest of questions as it's better to be safe than sorry going into the exam.

Good luck to everyone.
Reply 1
which exam board were you learning with?
Reply 2
Original post by katelou96
which exam board were you learning with?

AQA :smile:
Reply 3
Aw yay! so am i!
im struggling to actually get the 12 marks on my essay questions, theyre so specific. Any advice?
Reply 4
Original post by katelou96
Aw yay! so am i!
im struggling to actually get the 12 marks on my essay questions, theyre so specific. Any advice?

I'd be more helpful if you had an essay title for me to work with.
But with your 12 mark psychology essays the key is (as dumb as it sounds), is to answer the questions. My teacher showed us loads of examples where students aren't read the question or thought they understood and wrote a side of work that wasn't relevant so they only got 3 marks max.
Secondly, a clear structure will help. You should be looking to get 3-4 chunky paragraphs. PEEL (Point, Evidence, Elaborate and Link) each point if you can. Using the simple peel technique will make sure that the examiner clearly understands what you are trying to say. The link part is particularly important as it shows how your point is answering the question.
Finally, don't bother with an introduction as it is wasting time. The examiners would rather you get straight to the point. Your conclusion should just summarise your paragraphs (it is vital here that you summarise your final answer to the question).
For a 12 mark essay you should be aiming to write about one to one and a half sides of a4.

Hope that helps a little.
What topics did you do for PSYA3 & 4

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Have you got any A grade essays you could send us? That would be so so helpful if you did?! Thanks
Reply 7
The topics that I did were Schizophrenia, Aggression, Relationships and Biorhythms.
Reply 8
Original post by ellamaay
Have you got any A grade essays you could send us? That would be so so helpful if you did?! Thanks

Having with an essay title will be more useful as this will avoid simply copying the work.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending