The Student Room Group

Book resources!

Hey Guys!

Is anyone else having trouble finding the right avenue for books on their subject? I'll be beginning my BSc in Natural Science next week with the OU. There is library resources available, but to to honest, I was hoping for more.
Sure, there's a load of books, articles, and clips available through the library, but it's all very limited. I was hoping to procure a 1200 page book on Chemical interactions, but once downloaded there's a reading window of only 24 hours.

My local library has a pretty dire Science selection. Besides the usual suspects of Dawkins, Cox, Hawking and Darwin, there's not too much to choose from.

Also, I'm not keen on reading books from a computer screen. Articles etc.. are fine, but when it comes to actually submerging into some literature, a laptop screen is a little to strenuous for me. If anyone knows of anywhere online I might be able to procure a few good old Science books that would great. It would be even better if I can download them, email them to myself, and read from my tablet :smile:

Cheers
Stoodge
Reply 1
The abebooks website is a good way to pick up cheap second-hand academix texts. Amazon also lists second-hand books from independent sellers.

You can order books in via your local library. They will request them from other libraries for you. Sometimes they will charge for this though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending