Who has to be better looking? The guy or the girl? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
So when you see couples, who in general is better looking within their own respective gender?

I normally find that the girl is always 1.5-2 points better looking than the guy, I rarely see good looking guys with girls that are uglier by a substantial amount.
fallen_acorns
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
do you think that could be because as a straight guy (presumably) its easier for you to find girls more attractive then guys?
Roshany
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
that because good looking guys are full of themselves and want supermodels as gfs (Not ALL but most) and girls generally look at personality more and their type differs far more
Yeah dude
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
DEFINITELY THE POTATO, POTATO GET ALL H8 M8

Posted from TSR Mobile
KittyRe-play
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It depends. Different people have different viewpoints, and its usually a mix tbh.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by fallen_acorns)
do you think that could be because as a straight guy (presumably) its easier for you to find girls more attractive then guys?
Maybe but I highly doubt it, I'm straight but I can rate guys and my own ratings are of the same as my female friends (when they rate them).
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Roshany)
that because good looking guys are full of themselves and want supermodels as gfs (Not ALL but most) and girls generally look at personality more and their type differs far more
Yeah I read somewhere that female and male attraction is quite different, I don't know if its true though, maybe you can comment on this:

A girls look is top of the list for most guys whereas for girls, its more about stuff such as being funny, confident, good personality etc.

I can definitely corroborate the male view as I'm a guy and for me looks at probably the most important when I'm looking for a female accomplice.
Roshany
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yeah I read somewhere that female and male attraction is quite different, I don't know if its true though, maybe you can comment on this:

A girls look is top of the list for most guys whereas for girls, its more about stuff such as being funny, confident, good personality etc.

I can definitely corroborate the male view as I'm a guy and for me looks at probably the most important when I'm looking for a female accomplice.
Yeh i think i read that too.

I agree with that for me the guy has to be funny smart and have a better personality overall but obviously looks come into that just not as important for me
DanielWhit
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So when you see couples, who in general is better looking within their own respective gender?

I normally find that the girl is always 1.5-2 points better looking than the guy, I rarely see good looking guys with girls that are uglier by a substantial amount.
Each equal. Let's think about this practically - if the average woman in a relationship is "1.5-2 points better looking than the guy, then who are the top 1.2-5 pointer guys with?

It equals overall, few of us really see both genders equally in terms of attractiveness so this isn't balanced

For each better looking guy in a relationship, there's also a better looking girl in a relationship.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (119)
17.66%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (71)
10.53%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (119)
17.66%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (100)
14.84%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (65)
9.64%
How can I be the best version of myself? (200)
29.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed