The Student Room Group

Lacking Motivation from the beginning?

Hi guys, I need some help! I have been lacking motivation for the past 2 weeks which means I only got motivated through the first week of A-levels. I used to have extreme motivation last year and it paid off by achieving high grades in GCSEs. But I am afraid now since I am lacking motivation and it is still in the beginning of the year. Any suggestions??
Reply 1
Original post by A.Hassani
Hi guys, I need some help! I have been lacking motivation for the past 2 weeks which means I only got motivated through the first week of A-levels. I used to have extreme motivation last year and it paid off by achieving high grades in GCSEs. But I am afraid now since I am lacking motivation and it is still in the beginning of the year. Any suggestions??

You cannot just switch motivation on sadly. But where do you want to go? Do you want to go to uni? If so then it starts here. You have the GCSE grades. You just need the A-levels to go with it. They won't come easily. so you need to work hard.

Not going to uni? Well then these will most likely be the last and highest level qualifications you have. Make them the best you can. :yy:
Reply 2
Original post by 8472
You cannot just switch motivation on sadly. But where do you want to go? Do you want to go to uni? If so then it starts here. You have the GCSE grades. You just need the A-levels to go with it. They won't come easily. so you need to work hard.

Not going to uni? Well then these will most likely be the last and highest level qualifications you have. Make them the best you can. :yy:

I am an international student. I want to study medicine in UK. However, in the past 10 years, not a single student was accepted into medicine into the UK in the country that I currently live in. The problem is not the marks, but the interview. Could this be the main reason??
Reply 3
I am an international student. I want to study medicine in UK. However, in the past 10 years, not a single student was accepted into medicine into the UK in the country that I currently live in. The problem is not the marks, but the interview. Could this be the main reason??

Could be anything. Only the uni knows. :sad: Take that as a challenge. Become the first. Make history. :h:

Original post by 8472
Could be anything. Only the uni knows. :sad: Take that as a challenge. Become the first. Make history. :h:

Yes, this! You can prove them all wrong, i'm sure :biggrin: Give yourself plenty of time to complete the work but also try and really enjoy these years - it is the last years of your school life so make sure you have great memories to look back on. Best of luck! You can do it!
Reply 5
Original post by Blues Clues
Yes, this! You can prove them all wrong, i'm sure :biggrin: Give yourself plenty of time to complete the work but also try and really enjoy these years - it is the last years of your school life so make sure you have great memories to look back on. Best of luck! You can do it!

Thank you a lot! I believe that it is really helping. I will make it!

Quick Reply

Latest