Guys & Girls Answer This...

Watch
inachigeek21
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Would you die with your loved one?
Do you agree with arranged marriage? And why?
What matters the most in your life?
What are your passions?
If your family did not agree with your marriage, would you run away and get married to your partner, or would you agree with your family & discard your partner? And why?
Do you believe in life after death?
iamu
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i'd be happy with an arranged marriage is she was hot af
Vixen47
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by inachigeek21)
Yes? Maybe? No? Ask me again in a few months.

Yup. I'm Asian. I was brought up to agree with it.

My nephew

What are your passions?
:sexface:

If your family did not agree with your marriage, would you run away and get married to your partner, or would you agree with your family & discard your partner? And why?
Ask me again in two years?

The guy I'm with now is in his 30s. That's probably the only thing I can imagine my family being concerned about. He wants to marry me, he has his own business, he's wealthy, he knows the worst things about me and none of it scared him off, blah, blah, blah. All of that coupled with the fact that he's so similar to them will make them happy. If they said no for some stupid reason like his age then I'd fight them on it. However, I wouldn't leave them for him. I probably wouldn't leave them for any guy. Guys always leave, family don't. It's something I learnt the hard way.

I wouldn't use the word "life".
dogs4eva7
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yes and no. If there were kids involved, who's gonna look after them? :lol:

It's obvious that many arranged marriages last until death but that's because both families are always involved in everything. I'd hate it if my family got involved with matters between me and my husband - that's private. None of anybody's business. I find the concept stupid as it's based on looks primarily and then personality. Let's not forget the money, this so-called "dowry" which makes matters worse. I don't mind that people are happy to do it and that it's traditional to do it.
But I wouldn't choose to 'arrange my marriage', no.

At the risk of sounding cheesy, being happy and the people I love. Also my potential career. And not to sound self-centred but most of all, I matter. If I'm not looking after myself and thinking of myself highly, how am I meant to look after the people I love and give them what they need?

What are your passions?
The human body. :lol:

If I want to spend the rest of my life with a genuinely nice guy who will take care of me and they disagree with that.. what kinda family is this? Do they not want me happy?
I'd hope they find some kind of common ground because family is just as important as a husband - who will in fact be the other half of my own family.

No.
ryan9900
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
x
Bit of a vague question? If they were asking me to kill myself with them, then absolutely not. If it was unavoidable, like a car crash for example, then what choice do you have? I think it would be a no any way. I'd rather live on.

I plead ignorance with such topics as they don't concern me. I guess it's largely a negative thing but who am I to judge?

My future, and making sure my family are happy.

What are your passions?
Aviation and space exploration.

My family wouldn't disagree. They're understanding people and they wouldn't be bothered. There would be no reason for them to disagree any way.

Without getting too complex, not really.
NerdyMeg
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

First of all, I wouldn't allow such situation to arrive. Yes I will die with my loved one until and unless he did something really really wrong.

No. It is absurd. You cant marry someone you met just a moment ago. You have no idea about him. You have no idea about what kind of person he is. My sister fell in such a trap once and I know the pain she suffered, so no.

Happiness.

What are your passions?

Programming and writing.

Run away because I'll probably have a job and sufficient money to support myself. My family can't decide my life partner. I guess I'll be pretty grown up by the time I get married so yeah. Hopefully they'll understand later.

No.
KittyRe-play
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
1.Would you die with your loved one?
2.Do you agree with arranged marriage? And why?
3.What matters the most in your life?
4.What are your passions?
5.If your family did not agree with your marriage, would you run away and get married to your partner, or would you agree with your family & discard your partner? And why?
6.Do you believe in life after death?
1. So if a loved one such as siblings etc etc then I would, probably. I don't know the, but I ain't gonna kill myself purposely (otherwise I will go to Hell automatically), if the Angel of Death comes then he comes, what can you do.
2. Yes and No. Yes because your parents know the best for you. No because what if he's ugly and you don't get along...awkward
3. Worshipping Allah azzawajal, respecting the values of Islam and not getting side tracked from my religion in any way.
4. SPORTS!!! Also like watching TV and going out...and shopping haha.
5. I would agree with my families decision because they know what's best. If they don't approve...then tough i guess.
6. Yep. :h:
Adammartin95
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Would you die with your loved one? Yes
Do you agree with arranged marriage? And why? No I don't agree with it, I believe it shouldn't be picked by third party but instead the people themselves as I believe them two people need to be truly in love with each other to be happy in a marriage while arranged marriage may not always allow this.
What matters the most in your life? Being happy.
What are your passions? Exploring new places and in general just having as much fun as possible.
If your family did not agree with your marriage, would you run away and get married to your partner, or would you agree with your family & discard your partner? And why? I would still get married to my partner because if I and her are in love and we want to get married that is all that matters no the views of other people.
Do you believe in life after death? No I don't.
Zaros
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Would you die with your loved one? Without a shadow of a doubt, yes.
Do you agree with arranged marriage? And why? No. I have a beautiful girlfriend whom I love very much. An arranged marriage would be absolutely destructive to my life and freedom.
What matters the most in your life? Making sure she's happy.
What are your passions? Japanese, scuba diving, mineralogy and paleontology.
If your family did not agree with your marriage, would you run away and get married to your partner, or would you agree with your family & discard your partner? And why? I wouldn't run away. I would tell my family exactly what I'm going to do with my life, and where they can shove it if they disagree. If that means never seeing them again, so be it, but my family would deserve more than me just running away.
Do you believe in life after death? Yes we are reborn as Chinese female babies and then die when we are abandoned. (I'm being sarcastic, I'm currently not holding a view either way.
Inglisred
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What are your passions?
1) I don't know. I can't control when she's going to die. I guess it would be nice, though. Unless we had kids. Then it would suck for them, since both their parents would be dead at the same time. But I don't even think I want kids.

2) No. Because I want to be the one who makes decisions about my future. No one else has the right to.

3) Right now I just need to get into my uni course of choice. That is all I'm dedicated to. 24/7. I am putting my entire life on the side just to have this. Let's hope it goes well. Maybe after I get in I can focus on everything else.

4) My passion... My uni course.

5) I'll get married to whom I please. I won't really "run away" as that's a bit dramatic, but I know for a fact that my family will have to accept my decisions, because again, it's my future.

6) Yes. I can't imagine a life after death. I mean...where would we go?
Sena5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yes willingly.:yep:
Yes because I believe in my parents as they will find a life partner good for me in all ways and to help make my life safe and better always.
Happiness, uniting together and the love strong bond between me and the life partner and family.
What are your passions?
Singing and dancing and also studying
I would explain my parents about my love and believe they will support me. I can't discard both my partner and family. I will try to make my parents agree to our marriage. This is all because of the great love I have.
Yes, I do. Our consciousness will remain..
PinkMobilePhone
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What are your passions?

1) Well I'd rather not die at all to be honest, but if I must, then I guess dying of old age with my partner at my side, drifting off together, is probably one of the better ways.

2) No, because that's ridiculous. You should marry for love.

3) My family.

4) My family, my writing, the piano

5) I'd run away and get married

6) Yes
MrDystopia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
@OP do you mean arranged marriage or forced marriage? Because I'm fairly certain a few people here are confusing the two.

Depends what you mean? Rather vague but I'm fairly certain I wouldn't take my own life if they died for example.

If two people are introduced to one another by their respective families then sure I don't care really. Personally I wouldn't want to, I'd much rather find my own partner. I obviously believe being forced into a marriage you want no part of is wrong however.

Family, girlfriend, friends and my studies. Pretty standard answers.

What are your passions?

Sports, history, politics, Japan, gaming.

I'd still marry since it is my life after all.

No.
bubadeeboop
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What are your passions?
No
No
Travel, climbing and beer
Don't really speak to my family
No
Rum Ham
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
What are your passions?

1. Yes
2. I don't support it as I believe you should choose who you want to be with and not forced to be with someone but if someone wants to along with an arranged marriage then its up to them, its their life.
3. My partner, family and my cats.
4. Science, sci fi and music.
5. My mum at first didn't like my partner and my partner's family have never liked me. My mum just never got to know him well enough at the time and his family didn't want him having a gf at all so wouldn't like anyone he brought back. We chose to stay together despite what our families said and it caused some trouble at the start but 5 years on everything is fine now and my mum and him are best of friends now. So, if this situation was still with my current partner then I would run off out of the choices given.
6. No I don't.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (189)
29.3%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.43%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
8.99%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.37%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.91%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.84%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.89%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (21)
3.26%

Watched Threads