The Student Room Group

Top 10 Led Zeppelin + Pink Floyd songs

Only the best bands of course. No poverty bands ITT please.

1. Dazed and confused
2. Heartbreaker
3. Immigration song
4. Stairway to heaven
5. Rock and roll
6. Good times bad times
7. When the levee breaks
8. Black Dog
9. The lemon song
10. Whole lotta love

1. One of these days
2. Time
3. Brain damage
4. Shine on you crazy diamond
5. Comfortably numb
6. The happiest days of our lives/Another brick part 2
7. Goodbye cruel world
8. Hey you
9. Breathe
10. Astronomy donime

Discuss (srs)

Scroll to see replies

**** bands, no fans.
Reply 2
Original post by Viva Emptiness
**** bands, no fans.

pick any song i listed and i guarantee you that song alone is better than the aggregate of anything you've listened to in the entirety of your life
Original post by Veracity80
pick any song i listed and i guarantee you that song alone is better than the aggregate of anything you've listened to in the entirety of your life

Reply 4
bump for real music fans
Led Zep are amazing.

1. When the Levee Breaks
2. Houses of the Holy
3. No Quarter
4. Rock and Roll
5. Stairway to Heaven
6. Kashmir
7. Tangerine
8. Communication breakdown
9. Whole lotta love
10. Babe im gonna leave you

Saw a Led Zep tribute band last night...they were amazing. Was at a KOL day festival thing before and I was wearing a led zep t-shirt and someone said 'amazing band'..I said 'the best'...he goes 'almost' and then casually shows me his pink floyd tattoo. This thread reminded me of that incident...guy was a legend.
(edited 9 years ago)
Only relevant PF albums are Animals, which is amazing, and Meddle, which has the one good track on it. The rest of their oeuvre is pretty pretentious.
Reply 7
Original post by Philip_Philtrum
Led Zep are amazing.

1. When the Levee Breaks
2. Houses of the Holy
3. No Quarter
4. Rock and Roll
5. Stairway to Heaven
6. Kashmir
7. Tangerine
8. Communication breakdown
9. Whole lotta love
10. Babe im gonna leave you

Saw a Led Zep tribute band last night...they were amazing. Was at a KOL day festival thing before and I was wearing a led zep t-shirt and someone said 'amazing band'..I said 'the best'...he goes 'almost' and then casually shows me his pink floyd tattoo. This thread reminded me of that incident...guy was a legend.

repped fellow zep brah! haha what a legend! floyd and zeppelin are so different, yet so similar. page and gilmour are in the top 5 guitarists of all time
Reply 8
Original post by NineBurgundy
Only relevant PF albums are Animals, which is amazing, and Meddle, which has the one good track on it. The rest of their oeuvre is pretty pretentious.

damn son forgot all about animals. great album son. got so much stuff in there, it feels so cosy (srs) i think sheep is the best song on there. would probably add it into my list right now but cba

edit: almost forgot what you just said about pink floyd. how dare you! have you listened to all of their albums? excluding anything after the wall that is (lol)

the dark side of the moon = greatest album of all time
wish you were here = second greatest album of all time
meddle = amazing in places, rest is filler. one of these days+echoes are their best
piper = the goat psychedelic album of all time
the wall = REAL ART. lot of people have mixed opinions, but the wall will go down as the hidden GOAT
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by AlphaNick
did you forget *DARK SIDE OF THE MOON*?
last time i checked, thats not a song (lol)
Reply 10
Original post by AlphaNick
albums too good for you?

3 of the songs from my list were from the dark side... breathe, time, brain damage
damn son forgot all about animals. great album son. got so much stuff in there, it feels so cosy (srs) i think sheep is the best song on there. would probably add it into my list right now but cba

edit: almost forgot what you just said about pink floyd. how dare you! have you listened to all of their albums? excluding anything after the wall that is (lol)

the dark side of the moon = greatest album of all time
wish you were here = second greatest album of all time
meddle = amazing in places, rest is filler. one of these days+echoes are their best
piper = the goat psychedelic album of all time
the wall = REAL ART. lot of people have mixed opinions, but the wall will go down as the hidden GOAT

DSOTM is a masterpiece in terms of recording and mastering, but it gets tired pretty quickly. TW I just find depressing. Piper actually isn't too bad, but the band was pretty different with Syd still a member.
Reply 12
Original post by NineBurgundy
DSOTM is a masterpiece in terms of recording and mastering, but it gets tired pretty quickly. TW I just find depressing. Piper actually isn't too bad, but the band was pretty different with Syd still a member.

the wall is actually a great album. it is depressing, lol, but then again, it's not depressing in a bad way.. the wall was playing once in the background while i was fapping (didnt mean to have the music playing) but i could hear it, and the music really got me.. it really reached into my soul and made me feel like really guilty about something. it was a really strange experience, but anyway, i think you have to be in the mood for the wall, else you won't get any pleasure from it.

Dark side is a strange album, it's very different.. it only has like 3 singles on there (imo) time, money, us and them. the rest of the album, not much appears to happen, but in reality, everything fits into the Dark side of the moon experience. you have to pay attention, you have to really bond with the music, you don't get that with music nowadays. music isn't an experience any more, it's just a time waster. DSOTM is the best use of your time you can do with music

oh and syd was a genius. his music was brilliant and his lyrics were impeccable. with piper, you could literally taste his schizophrenia. **** is crazy.
Reply 13
I probably love Pink Floyd slightly more, but it's a very close run thing. They are 2 of my favourite bands of all time.

Top Led Zeppelin songs:
1. Thank You
2. Stairway to Heaven
3. Ramble On
4. Kashmir
5. That's the Way
6. Tangerine
7. Bron Yr Aur
8. Your Time is Gonna Come
9. Ten Years Gone
10. Achilles Last Stand

Top Pink Floyd songs:
1. Brain Damage/ Eclipse
2. Wish You Were Here
3. Comfortably Numb
4. Echoes
5. Time
6. Pigs
7. Sorrow
8. Shine on You Crazy Diamond
9. Breathe
10. Have a Cigar

Those kind of ended up in random order
Reply 14
Only the best bands of course. No poverty bands ITT please.

1. Dazed and confused
2. Heartbreaker
3. Immigration song
4. Stairway to heaven
5. Rock and roll
6. Good times bad times
7. When the levee breaks
8. Black Dog
9. The lemon song
10. Whole lotta love

1. One of these days
2. Time
3. Brain damage
4. Shine on you crazy diamond
5. Comfortably numb
6. The happiest days of our lives/Another brick part 2
7. Goodbye cruel world
8. Hey you
9. Breathe
10. Astronomy donime

Discuss (srs)

Led Zep .... overrated

Pink Floyd:

Shine on You Crazy Diamond
Money
Wish you were here

not listened to many others
Reply 15
Original post by Wolf359
I probably love Pink Floyd slightly more, but it's a very close run thing. They are 2 of my favourite bands of all time.

Top Led Zeppelin songs:
1. Thank You
2. Stairway to Heaven
3. Ramble On
4. Kashmir
5. That's the Way
6. Tangerine
7. Bron Yr Aur
8. Your Time is Gonna Come
9. Ten Years Gone
10. Achilles Last Stand

Top Pink Floyd songs:
1. Brain Damage/ Eclipse
2. Wish You Were Here
3. Comfortably Numb
4. Echoes
5. Time
6. Pigs
7. Sorrow
8. Shine on You Crazy Diamond
9. Breathe
10. Have a Cigar

Those kind of ended up in random order
lol our zep taste is so different. ngl haven't even listened to physical graffiti yet (lol) so many songs i havent listened to there lol
have to agree with brain damage though, god like song

Original post by Tomsta
Led Zep .... overrated

Pink Floyd:

Shine on You Crazy Diamond
Money
Wish you were here

not listened to many others
would neg so hard for thinking zep is overrated. **** this gay earth. there are TONS of great zep songs!
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 16
lol our zep taste is so different. ngl haven't even listened to physical graffiti yet (lol) so many songs i havent listened to there lol
have to agree with brain damage though, god like song

would neg so hard for thinking zep is overrated. **** this gay earth. there are TONS of great zep songs!

I'm not saying they arn't great, just overrated in my opinion, Stairway is so overrated it's laughable i'm actually a believer in the "No Stairway" sign you see in Wayne's world
I'd have Arnold Layne instead of Have a Cigar myself in the Pink Floyd list
I can't find the full 27 minute version on youtube anymore but Floyd's 'echoes' is just spectacular if you ask me, especially whilst high.

(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by Tomsta
I'm not saying they arn't great, just overrated in my opinion, Stairway is so overrated it's laughable i'm actually a believer in the "No Stairway" sign you see in Wayne's world

have u listened to stairway to heaven's solo????????????????

do u want to stop being ignorant and listen to the greatest solo of all time for once?
and listen to the live version as well

stairway to heaven live = GOAT live performance

Quick Reply

Latest