The Student Room Group

Top 10 Led Zeppelin + Pink Floyd songs

Scroll to see replies

Not enough time for full lists... but Achilles Last Stand every time!
Reply 21
easy

the extended guitar solo at 6:16...

[video="youtube;I4fCRhbn_Ew"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4fCRhbn_Ew&feature=player_detailpage#t=0[/video]
Reply 22
Original post by Veracity80
have u listened to stairway to heaven's solo????????????????

do u want to stop being ignorant and listen to the greatest solo of all time for once?
and listen to the live version as well

stairway to heaven live = GOAT live performance

Of course i've listened to the solo i've got the Led Zep "Motherload" album and to me it's Meh, they try to be blues rock, SRV and ZZ Top do it better
Led Zep and Pink Floyd fans IQs are way higher than your average person...it is a fact of life. Stupid people cannot cope with it. Always irritates me how Led Zep actually aren't that popular in the UK. Most people aren't fans.
I find it really hard to listen to (or rate) Pink Floyd songs individually...they just don't feel complete without the rest of the album. It would be interesting to see if any other fans feel the same way?
Reply 25
have u listened to stairway to heaven's solo????????????????

do u want to stop being ignorant and listen to the greatest solo of all time for once?
and listen to the live version as well

stairway to heaven live = GOAT live performance

Led Zep just don't 'move' me the way other bands like SRV, Orianthi, Maiden and Metallica do hell even MJ moves me more (at times) than Led Zep do, i don't hate them and i'm not saying Jimmy Page isn't a great guitarist i just think Led Zep are a bit meh tbh

I'd also argue that Free Bird is the GOAT live performance ever
I actually think Robert Plant is the only musical icon still making music. His 'Raising Sand' album with Alison Krauss is ridiculously good.
Reply 27
lol our zep taste is so different. ngl haven't even listened to physical graffiti yet (lol) so many songs i havent listened to there lol
have to agree with brain damage though, god like song

would neg so hard for thinking zep is overrated. **** this gay earth. there are TONS of great zep songs!

I'd rank Physical Graffiti as their best album, and one of my favourite albums of all time. There are 4 or 5 other songs from that album that I considered.
Overall though, I think Led Zeppelin had more great songs and Pink Floyd had more great albums.
Reply 28
Original post by Tomsta
Of course i've listened to the solo i've got the Led Zep "Motherload" album and to me it's Meh, they try to be blues rock, SRV and ZZ Top do it better
http://i.imgur.com/mNsCl7y.gif
Reply 29

Nothing wrong with me having an opinion
I thought 'No Quarter' would get more love...the rift in it is stupidly good.
Reply 31
Original post by Tomsta
Led Zep just don't 'move' me the way other bands like SRV, Orianthi, Maiden and Metallica do hell even MJ moves me more (at times) than Led Zep do, i don't hate them and i'm not saying Jimmy Page isn't a great guitarist i just think Led Zep are a bit meh tbh

I'd also argue that Free Bird is the GOAT live performance ever

iron maiden are the most overrated band of all time (srs) they only have like 3 great songs, and even then, it's debatable whether they even have 1 good song. honestly, i've listened to powerslave a MILLION times and i could NEVER get into that album. i would rather listen to anything other than maiden (srs) i'd rather listen to classical,

black sabbath is the REAL heavy metal band. anything other is garbage non music.
Any of you ****ers big Creedence Clearwater Revival fans? They're stupidly good....It is like Vietnam war music.
(edited 9 years ago)
iron maiden are the most overrated band of all time (srs) .

Agreed.

Repped

'Fear of the Dark' is great.....the rest is meh
Reply 34
iron maiden are the most overrated band of all time (srs) they only have like 3 great songs, and even then, it's debatable whether they even have 1 good song. honestly, i've listened to powerslave a MILLION times and i could NEVER get into that album. i would rather listen to anything other than maiden (srs) i'd rather listen to classical,

black sabbath is the REAL heavy metal band. anything other is garbage non music.

See i prefer Maiden, i really like 2 minutes to might and aces high, everyone is entitled to their own opinion
Reply 35
Original post by Philip_Philtrum
Any of you ****ers big Creedence Clearwater Revival fans? They're stupidly good....It is like Vietnam war music.

I am a CCR fan
Reply 36
Original post by Philip_Philtrum
Agreed.

Repped

'Fear of the Dark' is great.....the rest is meh

i've listened to their most popular albums, poweslave, number of the beast, iron maiden and honestly, i think the problem with maiden is they think that just because they make metal, they think they can get away with making amateur music that you can't really get into. the quality is consistent though, they do have a lot of decent songs, but never a great song. even the number of the beast is amateur at best
Reply 37
Original post by Tomsta
See i prefer Maiden, i really like 2 minutes to might and aces high, everyone is entitled to their own opinion

both those songs peak in their opening 10 seconds then go downhill after that lol

the duellists, back in the village, children of the damned, the prisoner, run to the hills >>> 2 mins, aces high

brah u got it all wrong son
i've listened to their most popular albums, poweslave, number of the beast, iron maiden and honestly, i think the problem with maiden is they think that just because they make metal, they think they can get away with making amateur music that you can't really get into. the quality is consistent though, they do have a lot of decent songs, but never a great song. even the number of the beast is amateur at best

You can't **** with Where Eagles Dare:

Reply 39
both those songs peak in their opening 10 seconds then go downhill after that lol

the duellists, back in the village, children of the damned, the prisoner, run to the hills >>> 2 mins, aces high

brah u got it all wrong son

Think what you will, but these are bands and music that moves me and inspires me to become a better guitarist and if you can't handle that, then you have a small mind and are not open to other people's opnions

Quick Reply