beyknowles
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(sorry for making many threads this week)
does anyone have any useful resources for any part of the AS Literature course with WJEC? Anything even a poetry essay structure? Thanks in advance
beyknowles
Rep:
?
JAK2013
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
What texts are you studying! I did the AS course last year!
beyknowles
Rep:
?
(Original post by JAK2013)
What texts are you studying! I did the AS course last year!
For Prose my main text is The Great Gatsby (I don't need resources for this) and my partner text is The Bell Jar. We are also studying the play Oleanna.

For Poetry the main poet we are studying is Carol Ann Duffy and we are comparing her to a partner poet Sheenagh Pugh.

[Don't mean to be rude but can you quote this please so I know when you've replied]

I know a lot of people ask but, genuinely, what is the best advice you can give me on getting an A?
JAK2013
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by beyknowles)
For Prose my main text is The Great Gatsby (I don't need resources for this) and my partner text is The Bell Jar. We are also studying the play Oleanna.

For Poetry the main poet we are studying is Carol Ann Duffy and we are comparing her to a partner poet Sheenagh Pugh.

[Don't mean to be rude but can you quote this please so I know when you've replied]

I know a lot of people ask but, genuinely, what is the best advice you can give me on getting an A?
Hey! That's a great selection of texts- The Bell Jar is great! And your two poetry texts are good- especially Duffy! We did Heaney & Sheers, which was also interesting!

And we did Oleanna!! So if you need any help/advice with essays etc. just message!

And probably read in depth your texts- particularly the exam. Don't rely too much on regurgitating notes in the exam- the question is individual and 'orignality of thought' is rewarded!

Hope that helps!
beyknowles
Rep:
?
Hey! That's a great selection of texts- The Bell Jar is great! And your two poetry texts are good- especially Duffy! We did Heaney & Sheers, which was also interesting!

And we did Oleanna!! So if you need any help/advice with essays etc. just message!

And probably read in depth your texts- particularly the exam. Don't rely too much on regurgitating notes in the exam- the question is individual and 'orignality of thought' is rewarded!

Hope that helps!
thanks! what grade did you get? what helped you achieve well personally? btw I don't like much of Lit I just think it's boring but there's nothing else to do, I'm literally just doing for a grade. If French gets better in about a months time then I am going to drop it. This is why I am asking for advice because if when the time comes I still feel the same about Lit then I will definitely drop it. I don't hate it, in fact I quite enjoy the poetry side. But overall I hate writing.
beyknowles
Rep:
?

Hope that helps!
Don't worry about this. I'm dropping English Literature because it is ****
JAK2013
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Oh no! :O

Well, enjoy the rest of your subjects anyway!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (254)
34.14%
No (490)
65.86%

Watched Threads