laidljod
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey I thought this may be useful for those who are wanting to study Social Work at UWE and other places.

I haven't been able to hear anything about this course and what it is like at UWE when studying this.

Anyone able to shed some light?
amberl92
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by laidljod)
Hey I thought this may be useful for those who are wanting to study Social Work at UWE and other places.

I haven't been able to hear anything about this course and what it is like at UWE when studying this.

Anyone able to shed some light?
I applied for social work on the 10th Sept and haven't heard anything yet. I am going to the open day on Saturday so will hopefully find out then
Miah1234
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I am applying for social work this year as well. What universities are you thinking of applying to ?
amberl92
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Miah1234)
I am applying for social work this year as well. What universities are you thinking of applying to ?
I have applied to uwe, bath, south Wales, Cardiff met and Gloucestershire what about you?
laidljod
Rep:
?
I've applied to UWE, Bath, Sussex, Birmingham and Birmingham City

Posted from TSR Mobile
amberl92
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Have you heard anything yet?
Miah1234
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Im thinking of Bath, Lancaster, Bournemouth, Portsmouth and Kent.

However, also thinking of Canterbury and Chichester. Im not quite sure. I am quite nervous about applying because I have heard universities prefer mature students over students that are coming out of college.

But they, also base it on valuable experience. Do you mind me asking what experience you have had.
xxx
amberl92
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have worked as a care assistant in residential homes and as a community support worker, I think they take a wide range of ages. I feel quite nervous as I am applying myself not through a college so didn't have much help with my application or personal statment. I will be 23 when I start as long as I get in.
Miah1234
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by amberl92)
I have worked as a care assistant in residential homes and as a community support worker, I think they take a wide range of ages. I feel quite nervous as I am applying myself not through a college so didn't have much help with my application or personal statment. I will be 23 when I start as long as I get in.
Im sure you will be fine. Have you already applied? Good Luck if so. I will be 19 when i start (if i am accepted). I also work 18 hours a week as a care assistant. I am a service user myself, i have participated in social work training programmes and helped recruit new foster careers in my local area. I am so nervous about applying. Especially because of the test, group interviews and pannel interviews if get called in.
amberl92
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Miah1234)
Im sure you will be fine. Have you already applied? Good Luck if so. I will be 19 when i start (if i am accepted). I also work 18 hours a week as a care assistant. I am a service user myself, i have participated in social work training programmes and helped recruit new foster careers in my local area. I am so nervous about applying. Especially because of the test, group interviews and pannel interviews if get called in.
That should be more then good enough experience, I applied on the 10th Sept haven't heard anything yet tho. I am not looking forward to any test to get in its all nerve wrecking. Good luck xxx
Miah1234
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Good Luck to you to. Im sure you will be fine! Please let me know what interview process is like. xxx
laidljod
Rep:
?
I'm also coming from college, I did a placement at a daycare centre for adults with learning difficulties and a community based project. This year I have a placement at a school for children and post 16 who have complex needs and a youth centre. I've also been a service user at one point and am involved with the interviews for social work at a local university. I haven't sent my application yet as I'm working on my personal statement. X

Posted from TSR Mobile
laidljod
Rep:
?
I've read that most social work interviews involve a sole interview with the head of department and a service user or social worker x

Posted from TSR Mobile
c2uk
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have applied to uwe, bath, south Wales, Cardiff met and Gloucestershire what about you?
Interesting, how come you haven't applied to Cardiff University for Social Work?
amberl92
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I dont think cardiff university do social work only cardiff met. I never saw it on there course search
c2uk
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I dont think cardiff university do social work only cardiff met. I never saw it on there course search
http://courses.cardiff.ac.uk/postgra...tail/p285.html

I wonder where you were looking?
amberl92
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thats postgraduate masters not undergraduate you need a degree to do that one
c2uk
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Thats postgraduate masters not undergraduate you need a degree to do that one
well, nobody here said that you're looking for an undergraduate degree.

Personally, I'd not recommend south Wales, Cardiff met and Gloucestershire.
amberl92
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I'm hoping for uwe firm and bath reserve.
laidljod
Rep:
?
I'm hoping for uwe firm and bath reserve.
I'm hoping for bath firm and UWE second, you never know we may end up on the same course!

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Nov '19
  • University of the West of England, Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 16 Nov '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (76)
23.6%
No (246)
76.4%

Watched Threads