Srose29
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I want to study Early Childhood Studies at degree level to get me to my professional goal of becoming an Early Years teacher. My passion for teaching young children developed through years of encountering children aged 0-8 within different settings. I first developed a strong interest in this sector whilst completing my GCSE in Health and Social Care where I learnt the basics about this life stage. I believe that taking this degree course will enable me to meet my main ambitions to provide and educate.
I am currently studying A level ICT, English language and literature; and level 3 subsidary diploma in Health and Social Care. Each of these subjects has aspects which will provide me with appropriate skills when studying at degree level. Studying Health and Social Care may also be an advantage in studying Early Childhood Studies as I will have gone into some detail about aspects which will come up on this course, for example looking deeper into children’s development before and after the early Childhood stage.
Studying English Language and Literature may be appropriate to my learning at a higher level as this course has taught me how to be perspective and inquisitive to be able to assess others and myself. In addition to this English has improved my confidence giving me the ability to now freely express ideas and questions which I may have towards my learning.
Outside of education I currently volunteer at a local primary school as a part of a reading programme introduced by the local council to help children aged 6-11 with reading ensuring that those who struggle get maximum help and will leave with higher reading levels after a minimum of 10 weeks reading sessions. Within these sessions I help students to learn but I am also educated on the different ways in which different people are able to learn, how to provide maximum or effective help to students. This voluntary activity is appropriate to the course which I am applying for as I have gathered further skills with young children and helping them with their studies which is the fundamental aspects of the course.
Furthermore I have had the opportunity to work within a more formal health care setting. Previously I also gained experience with working with children aged 0-5 in a day nursery for 2 weeks in total. This was my first time working within a formal health care setting provide for this age group. This is where I began to develop and strengthen particular skills required in this field. I additionally obtained knowledge appropriate to studying activities and simulants which will be valuable in educating children. Alongside this I have committed myself in caring of family members aged from 3 months to 10 years of age.
I regularly take care of children for a time period ranging from a day to weekends. During this time with the children I have sole responsibility which is something I will have to do in my chosen career daily. I engage with the children in an interactive way which is appropriate for the age and I adapted my form of communication according to their emotional needs.
I had also taken interest in writing opinionated articles and creative pieces such as poems for a student run magazine aimed at young people. From doing this I have furthered my writing skills and communication skills through team work. Team work is vital to helping me study at higher level alongside well developed communication skills
. Ultimately I believe completing this degree course will be the optimum opportunity to aid my progress to becoming an early year’s teacher. I do hope that this statement has proven my suitability not only for the degree course but in my ability to perform exceedingly well at university level.
sophieleannexo
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Srose29)
I want to study Early Childhood Studies at degree level to get me to my professional goal of becoming an Early Years teacher. My passion for teaching young children developed through years of encountering children aged 0-8 within different settings. I first developed a strong interest in this sector whilst completing my GCSE in Health and Social Care where I learnt the basics about this life stage. I believe that taking this degree course will enable me to meet my main ambitions to provide and educate.
I am currently studying A level ICT, English language and literature; and level 3 subsidary diploma in Health and Social Care. Each of these subjects has aspects which will provide me with appropriate skills when studying at degree level. Studying Health and Social Care may also be an advantage in studying Early Childhood Studies as I will have gone into some detail about aspects which will come up on this course, for example looking deeper into children’s development before and after the early Childhood stage.
Studying English Language and Literature may be appropriate to my learning at a higher level as this course has taught me how to be perspective and inquisitive to be able to assess others and myself. In addition to this English has improved my confidence giving me the ability to now freely express ideas and questions which I may have towards my learning.
Outside of education I currently volunteer at a local primary school as a part of a reading programme introduced by the local council to help children aged 6-11 with reading ensuring that those who struggle get maximum help and will leave with higher reading levels after a minimum of 10 weeks reading sessions. Within these sessions I help students to learn but I am also educated on the different ways in which different people are able to learn, how to provide maximum or effective help to students. This voluntary activity is appropriate to the course which I am applying for as I have gathered further skills with young children and helping them with their studies which is the fundamental aspects of the course.
Furthermore I have had the opportunity to work within a more formal health care setting. Previously I also gained experience with working with children aged 0-5 in a day nursery for 2 weeks in total. This was my first time working within a formal health care setting provide for this age group. This is where I began to develop and strengthen particular skills required in this field. I additionally obtained knowledge appropriate to studying activities and simulants which will be valuable in educating children. Alongside this I have committed myself in caring of family members aged from 3 months to 10 years of age.
I regularly take care of children for a time period ranging from a day to weekends. During this time with the children I have sole responsibility which is something I will have to do in my chosen career daily. I engage with the children in an interactive way which is appropriate for the age and I adapted my form of communication according to their emotional needs.
I had also taken interest in writing opinionated articles and creative pieces such as poems for a student run magazine aimed at young people. From doing this I have furthered my writing skills and communication skills through team work. Team work is vital to helping me study at higher level alongside well developed communication skills
. Ultimately I believe completing this degree course will be the optimum opportunity to aid my progress to becoming an early year’s teacher. I do hope that this statement has proven my suitability not only for the degree course but in my ability to perform exceedingly well at university level.
You shouldn't post your personal statement online. People can plagiarise your statement and use it as there own.

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What factors affect your mental health the most right now? (select all that apply)

Lack of purpose or routine (67)
15.51%
Uncertainty around my education (75)
17.36%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (40)
9.26%
Isolating with family (26)
6.02%
Lack of support system (eg. Teachers, counsellors) (18)
4.17%
Lack of exercise/ability to be outside (35)
8.1%
Loneliness (42)
9.72%
Financial worries (15)
3.47%
Concern about myself or my loved ones getting ill (42)
9.72%
Exposure to negative news/social media (30)
6.94%
Lack of real life entertainment (eg. cinema, gigs, restaurants) (42)
9.72%

Watched Threads