The Student Room Group

Best university's to study Law?

I'm in year 12 at the moment and I'm 99% sure that i want to study law at university, I was wondering which uni's are best for studying law and what are the entry requirements. Obviously I haven't got my predicted A-level grades yet, only a minimum target grade.

The title is supposed to say 'University' oops :s-smilie:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Look on league tables, and for entry requirements search for Law on the UCAS website
Original post by chem@uni
Look on league tables, and for entry requirements search for Law on the UCAS website

Can you look on UCAS without having an account?
Reply 3
Oxford, Cambridge, Durham, University College, King's College, York, Bristol, Exeter?
Oxbridge or you might as well start writing your CV for Mcdonalds.
Original post by SuperiorGenius

Oh.. My grades aren't the 'best', will I not get in? 8A* 1A 1B... not done A-levels yet :s-smilie:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by zizi.karl
Oxford, Cambridge, Durham, University College, King's College, York, Bristol, Exeter?

What sort of grades are needed to be accepted to Durham or Kings college? A-levels and GCSE's?
Original post by maddiegarcia
Oh.. My grades aren't the 'best', will I not get in? 8A* 1A 1B... not done A-levels yet :s-smilie:

8 A* at GCSE is fine. Can get you in. Getting into Law at Oxford or Cambridge will increase your chances of being rich massively. MAKE SURE you get in.
8 A* at GCSE is fine. Can get you in. Getting into Law at Oxford or Cambridge will increase your chances of being rich massively. MAKE SURE you get in.

Haha okay. I very much doubt I will get in, all i can do is try. ^.^
Original post by maddiegarcia
Haha okay. I very much doubt I will get in, all i can do is try. ^.^

Have some more confidence please.
Have some more confidence please.

How's it looking for universities like Durham and UCL, who occupy the places next to Oxford and Cambridge?
Original post by This Muxed Ip Is
How's it looking for universities like Durham and UCL, who occupy the places next to Oxford and Cambridge?

Pfft, Durham and UCL don't belong in the same sentence as Oxford and Cambridge.
Pfft, Durham and UCL don't belong in the same sentence as Oxford and Cambridge.

Hmm, I think a lot of this is just bigotry here. I kind of understand your point for Cambridge which is the very top for Law here, but Oxford? It's practically level with those others.
Hmm, I think a lot of this is just bigotry here. I kind of understand your point for Cambridge which is the very top for Law here, but Oxford? It's practically level with those others.

No but it's also about contacts. If you go to oxbridge you will have more connections.
No but it's also about contacts. If you go to oxbridge you will have more connections.

If you go to Oxbridge, fit into Oxbridge, adhere to the Oxbridge lifestyle, you'll get this. Basically, if you're from north of Derby you don't qualify.
If you go to Oxbridge, fit into Oxbridge, adhere to the Oxbridge lifestyle, you'll get this. Basically, if you're from north of Derby you don't qualify.

I have the arrogance and snobbery to fit in.
I have the arrogance and snobbery to fit in.

"Yes, yes, but do you have the accent?"
"Yes, yes, but do you have the accent?"

Nope, I got a Nottingham chav accent :frown:. I'll work on the accent bro. In all honesty :smile: I doubt I'll get accepted into Cambridge :frown:. Not good enough tbh.
Nope, I got a Nottingham chav accent :frown:. I'll work on the accent bro. In all honesty :smile: I doubt I'll get accepted into Cambridge :frown:. Not good enough tbh.

Have some more confidence please :smile:

okay I'm officially scared 😂😳

Quick Reply

Latest