The Student Room Group

Is it still possble to resit individual modules?

Hey,

I did my A levels in the summer of 2013. I thought I did alright with A*AB, but this year I'm applying to Uni and the courses/unis i want to get into requite A*AA/AAA

In my spare time i was thinking of resitting a couple modules to straighten my grades out. However I hear the exam structure has changed since then.

Bearing in mind that by this summer 2015 it will have been two years since i sat my a levels the first time round, Is it still possible to resit indvidual modules?
Original post by Furchow
Hey,

I did my A levels in the summer of 2013. I thought I did alright with A*AB, but this year I'm applying to Uni and the courses/unis i want to get into requite A*AA/AAA

In my spare time i was thinking of resitting a couple modules to straighten my grades out. However I hear the exam structure has changed since then.

Bearing in mind that by this summer 2015 it will have been two years since i sat my a levels the first time round, Is it still possible to resit indvidual modules?

I'm not sure. Try contacting the school at which you did you a-levels and see what they say.
Original post by Furchow
Hey,

Yes you can.
The only recent change to A levels has been the removal of January exams.
As long as the specification is still available and You can find a centre willing to accept you as a private candidate, under current rules you can resit units as often as you choose.
The new A levels are scheduled to be introduced for some subjects starting in September 2015 with first full A level exams in summer 2017. If it goes ahead, existing specifications will be withdrawn.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 3
Thanks bro, any idea if there'a deadline for when to apply? If not it's fine i'm sure i can find out when I phone them
Original post by Furchow
Thanks bro, any idea if there'a deadline for when to apply? If not it's fine i'm sure i can find out when I phone them

The normal entry deadline is 21st feb for summer exams, as a private candidate you will want to get it sorted well before that.
A centre can enter you as late as on the day of the exam IF they willing to and you are prepared to pay the much higher exam fee. They are not likely to accept late entries unless they are a private college that are in it to make a profit from their service.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest