The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

University of Bath offer holders 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alanadams
We do too, four of us asked about aea, and it was going to cost 60 pound each, then one dropped out, the price then went up to about 80 each and then we all said forget it lol. Im already doing 9 maths exams this uear as im doing the whole of fm in one year, and teaching fp2,3 and s2 myself so I don't really want another one lol

woah £60 is way too much let alone £80! 9 exams?? but i swear FM is only 6 exams...where are the extra three coming from??... what board are you? S2 isn't that bad imo only just started fp2 and 3 but they're ok so far
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by pratikshah96
woah £60 is way too much let alone £80! 9 exams?? but i swear FM is only 6 exams...where are the extra three coming from??... what board are you? S2 isn't that bad imo only just started fp2 and 3 but they're ok so far

Im dpimg a2 maths as well lol. Im aqa, im finding s2 quite straight forward, fp2 and fp3 a bit more so, but still okay. Reveived my offer couple of hours ago, really happy:smile:
Original post by pratikshah96
Got an offer for maths :biggrin:

Yey! Congratulations!

Feel free to quote us if you have any questions.

Rob - 1st year civil engineer
Original post by alanadams
Im dpimg a2 maths as well lol. Im aqa, im finding s2 quite straight forward, fp2 and fp3 a bit more so, but still okay. Reveived my offer couple of hours ago, really happy:smile:

Oh I remember FP2 and FP3! I was in your shoes a year ago, so good luck with those exams - they can be a bit tough!

Anyway, congratulations on the offer! If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Rob - 1st year civil engineer
Does anyone know when bath UCAS/offer holder open days are for Chem?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I applied for ChemEng on 12th of December... Still waiting *crosses fingers and toes*
Reply 406
I got two offers for Bath back on October: Natural Science (A*AA) and Biochemistry (AAB) I'm probably going to put Natsci as my firm and Biochem the insurance. Anyone else doing that? Is it normal to confirm two offers from one uni?
Original post by Hayzle
I got two offers for Bath back on October: Natural Science (A*AA) and Biochemistry (AAB) I'm probably going to put Natsci as my firm and Biochem the insurance. Anyone else doing that? Is it normal to confirm two offers from one uni?

Doesn't matter if it's normal or not, but if you really like the university that much then go for it :smile:
Original post by Hayzle

Someone I know did that, it's totally fine.
Original post by Tom Riddle
Does anyone know when bath UCAS/offer holder open days are for Chem?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello,

Glad to hear you are interested in Chemistry at Bath, I am a final year student studying chemistry and I have really enjoyed the course.

The chemistry department hold open days throughout the year from October to April, more information about the open days can be found here.

If you have any questions about the course or life at Bath, please feel free to ask.

Thanks

Claire
Reply 410
I got an offer from Bath for civil engineering a while ago, A*AA :smile: just wanted to know if anyone else has got an offer for this course
Got an offer of ABB for pharmacy at bath :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Politics and International Relations anyone? Also, any fellow Northern Irish?
Original post by K_faith_k
Politics and International Relations anyone? Also, any fellow Northern Irish?

I'm Pol and IR. Really hoping for an offer and would definitely firm it!
Reply 414
Original post by Phoebe♥
Got an offer of ABB for pharmacy at bath :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations, I have an offer of AAB from Bath for pharmacy, is it one of your top choices :smile:
Original post by JRBateman
I'm Pol and IR. Really hoping for an offer and would definitely firm it!

Hey, you'll hate me for saying this then; I've got an offer of AAA, but I'm stuck between Bath, St Andrews and Exeter. Hope you get an offer!
Hey, you'll hate me for saying this then; I've got an offer of AAA, but I'm stuck between Bath, St Andrews and Exeter. Hope you get an offer!

Congratulations! St Andrews looked great on the open day and so does Warwick, who have made me an offer. Hope to see you there! When did you apply and then get an offer?
Original post by JRBateman
Congratulations! St Andrews looked great on the open day and so does Warwick, who have made me an offer. Hope to see you there! When did you apply and then get an offer?

Applied in mid October, got my offer about 2 weeks later. Yea really like St Andrews as a place, but worried about how small it is and also the high proportion of public school students making everything really expensive. Initially liked the look of Warwick, but then went to visit and wasn't a fan of the bubble kind of feel with their campus being so big and far out of town. Didn't like Coventry too much either. Bath looks great, my only reservations being that I'm worried the campus could be a bit of a bubble like Warwick.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by szyszka_pass
I applied for ChemEng on 12th of December... Still waiting *crosses fingers and toes*

I applied for ChemEng too. Don't worry if you don't hear from them quickly I heard the ChemEng department is pretty swamped with applications. I would see on here people who applied September/early October they received their offers within like a week, I applied late October and it took a month for me to hear back. Since you applied pretty close to Christmas break then the admissions would have been inactive during that period. Any ways good luck with Bath and the rest of your choices, I hope they don't keep you waiting too long! :smile:
Applied in mid October, got my offer about 2 weeks later. Yea really like St Andrews as a place, but worried about how small it is and also the high proportion of public school students making everything really expensive. Initially liked the look of Warwick, but then went to visit and wasn't a fan of the bubble kind of feel with their campus being so big and far out of town. Didn't like Coventry too much either. Bath looks great, my only reservations being that I'm worried the campus could be a bit of a bubble like Warwick.

Campus doesn't feel like a bubble to me, like you I didn't like Warwick at all but I loved Bath. The campus has everything you could want on it (food, a shop, banks, a club and bar, a lake to walk round) but town is only a 15 minute bus ride away if you need to get away. There are also lots of quiet places you can go on campus if you don't want to go to town but want some peace and quiet. You can quite easily forget you're on campus if you head off down one of the many paths around the lake :smile: Either way, it's a must to come and visit and see for yourself - you'll know when you get here if you like it, as you did with Warwick.

Good luck wherever you end up and don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions about Bath.

(First year CompSci and Maths)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest