The Student Room Group

Any tips to achieve distinctions in BTEC?

Hi, i'm doing BTEC extended diploma in IT and was wondering if there are any tips to help me achieve distinctions? Primarily in the core units (Information Systems and Computer Systems), are there any books i can purchase to help me with my studies or anything? Thank you :smile:
Original post by tshombe123
Hi, i'm doing BTEC extended diploma in IT and was wondering if there are any tips to help me achieve distinctions? Primarily in the core units (Information Systems and Computer Systems), are there any books i can purchase to help me with my studies or anything? Thank you :smile:

Books won't be necessary, a vast majority of the information you need can be found doing simple internet research. Just make sure you express the information clearly enough. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Binary Freak
Books won't be necessary, a vast majority of the information you need can be found doing simple internet research. Just make sure you express the information clearly enough. :smile:

Ah. Just pretty nervous that I won't get distinction in the core units :/
Ah. Just pretty nervous that I won't get distinction in the core units :/

Both Computer Systems and Information Systems are a breeze to achieve Distinction so you should be fine :smile:

If you struggle with either of the criteria then just ask on here:gthumb:
Reply 4
Both Computer Systems and Information Systems are a breeze to achieve Distinction so you should be fine :smile:

If you struggle with either of the criteria then just ask on here:gthumb:

The assignment is gonna be set tomorrow for the computer systems unit so i'll see how hard it is :rolleyes:
The assignment is gonna be set tomorrow for the computer systems unit so i'll see how hard it is :rolleyes:

Well good luck with it.. It should be fine:smile:
Reply 6
Well good luck with it.. It should be fine:smile:

If i do require some help, do you mind helping me? :colondollar:

Hi, tshombe123

Having done the BTEC extended diploma in IT myself I can safely say that the course itself isn't very difficult, however it is mainly coursework. Best thing to do would be to stay on top of your work as it is very easy to fall behind due to the nature of work everything piles up when deadlines arent met.
Name each file using the criteria you are targeting
Create a template to save time. Use an intro listing the criteria, and a conclusion/summary section
Get ahead
Do the Ms and Ds, while the Ps are fresh in your mind.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If i do require some help, do you mind helping me? :colondollar:

I'll be more than happy to :gthumb:
What vocabulary could I use to get a distinction in my course? (sport level 3)
Original post by paddymaguire96
What vocabulary could I use to get a distinction in my course? (sport level 3)

Your vocabulary doesn't really matter just make sure you have an understanding of what the criteria asks for.. And make sure you stay relevant on the tasks:smile:
Few of my class mates lost a lot of their work because they were careless. I do btecs in sixth form. one of my main advise would be to save your work on your usb, at homes laptop or computer, and schools computer. make sure save at least once a week.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending