Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    On the contrary they are decreasing the civil service.
    They are?! Well I know that it has grown threefold or some crazy number like that since the election of New Labour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Oh I hate MOST of them, but I do think they get a lot of stick for essentially doing a critical job.
    One thing I cant stand is 'spin'. For example, public service productivity is down (Im sure youve read it) and the govts reply is to change the way the figures are calculated?!?!

ReputationRep:
    why have people said teacher, doctor, nurse??? please explain WHY! thanks

ReputationRep:
    The Civil service is not really required any more and i don't see their function as essential any more. Not to mention that it does not require much intelligence or skills.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    The Civil service is not really required any more and i don't see their function as essential any more. Not to mention that it does not require much intelligence or skills.
    why not? develop please

ReputationRep:
    Is this some Psychology, Sociology or Philosophy work or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theaman)
    Is this some Psychology, Sociology or Philosophy work or something?
    yes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    yes
    Which?

All of them?!!

I'd say Sociology?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theaman)
    Which?

All of them?!!

I'd say Sociology?
    yes

ReputationRep:
    Civil Servant. It struck me as the one that would require the least amount of skill/intelligence/qualifications.

That's just my initial impression though and is probably wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Having done AS politics I'm less inclined to say the civil servant is useless or doesn't need to be clever etc.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Lawyer. It strikes me as the job that requires the least amount of integrity (something I value far higher than skill/intelligence).

(although I know that there are some aspiring lawyers on these boards who are lovely people packed with integrity - I just hope that the job doesn't turn them into the type of people I've met in the profession)

ReputationRep:
    anyone else got reasons 4 their answers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinykates)
    anyone else got reasons 4 their answers?
    Most of the others serve, to a least some extent, some sort of honourable purpose.

Lawyers just leech.

ReputationRep:
    lawyers because justice has nothing to do with their job. Finding loopholes in the system is what they do. Some are honest people and not all deel with justice cases I know, but it strikes me as a dishonest job to defend someone who you know is probably guilty. In America Lawyers are really looked down on.
    I have nothing against lawyers as people, just some of the things they do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llama boy)
    Most of the others serve, to a least some extent, some sort of honourable purpose.

Lawyers just leech.
    Exactly, law is a disgusting profession, all about the money and nothing else.

ReputationRep:
    i'd say lawyers, purely for the reason that one of my uncle's colleagues (my uncle being a lawyer) told me something along the lines of

"it's not my job to make sure the truth prevails, just to do my best to represent one person's VERSION of the truth. Whether or not that's the absolute truth is none of my concern".

Which in my opinion is detestable.

ReputationRep:
    people who put teacher and tv producer???

ReputationRep:
    i put lawyer because i'm going to be one and i'm not a very respectable person.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.