The Student Room Group

Boys and texts...

I need some people's advice so thought I would come here.

So I've been seeing a guy and everything is going well....except for the fact he takes forever to reply to my text messages (well whatsapp messages) and it's really annoying me. I can see he has been online (because of the just seen) and he just spends a whole day replying to me....is this normal?

I've confronted him before and he said it's because of "poor time management" but i don't understand!
Reply 1
Original post by AlphaNick
it means nothing whatsoever,

texting people of the opposite sex relative to talking to them face to face is basically like comparing quantum physics to relativity

But all the ignoring makes me not want to see him in person anyway....
Ope what's he's busy and can't reply to his messages or has other priorities

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by iloveteddy14
Ope what's he's busy and can't reply to his messages or has other priorities

Posted from TSR Mobile

But he's always online on whatsapp!
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
But all the ignoring makes me not want to see him in person anyway....

Stop being so needy!

Whereas girls chat and gossip and text and stuff all the time without stopping and without breathing and do you know what she did next and then I said and then she said and omg she never did and blah blah blah

boys tend to spend more time quietly, thinking things through, doing stuff, and then responding.

A same day response from a bloke is pretty damn good!
It isn't a case of ignoring you, it's most likely a case of giving you a decent reply when he can instead of giving you half of his attention and say something else which might make you upset/annoyed. Personally I hate texting/whatsapping so much and I do take quite a bit of time to reply to peoples texts unless they're urgent and I know I'm not the only one like this so don't read in to it and chill
Reply 6
It's so hard! My exes always used to message!
Just because someone is online on what's app doesn't mean they are talking the software is online all the time. I don't always go by status, I mean technically my what's app is on but the last time I used it was over a week ago

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
It's so hard! My exes always used to message!

... and they're exes ...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending