Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alocin)
    Think you've hit the nail on the head there
    I rest my case. Anime shouldn't be dubbed

ReputationRep:
    I just love Pokémon! Hoping to get Pokémon Sapphire once I finish my exams so that I can spend all summer playing it. The only thing I didn't like about the TV series is that it was English-dubbed. They are so crap at it and don't express any emotion in how they say things. I'm trying to find some episodes in it's original Japanese form but they are extremely difficult to find.

I don't care if it's crap here in the UK. It's still a very big thing in Japan and that is all that matters to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chidori)
    I just love Pokémon! Hoping to get Pokémon Sapphire once I finish my exams so that I can spend all summer playing it. The only thing I didn't like about the TV series is that it was English-dubbed. They are so crap at it and don't express any emotion in how they say things. I'm trying to find some episodes in it's original Japanese form but they are extremely difficult to find.

I don't care if it's crap here in the UK. It's still a very big thing in Japan and that is all that matters to me.
    If you are looking for legal copies, good luck, but if you don't mind downloading, I have found that the greatest source for anime is not kazaa or anything like it, but bittorrent, more specifically suprnova.org and a.scarywater.net.

ReputationRep:
    I just love Pokémon! Hoping to get Pokémon Sapphire once I finish my exams so that I can spend all summer playing it.
    You haven't played sapphire yet!!!! Do you want to get it for the GBC or don't you mind playing the rom?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dazmanultra)
    Pokemon Games = good, excellent in many cases
    Pokemon merchandise and animé = bad
    That about sums it up, really.

I used to be obsessed with the Pokemon games. I don't really play them anymore, except for the occasional blast on Netbattle. I might get a ROM of Ruby/Sapphire if I can be bothered, just to see if anything's changed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    For some reason, one anime series has come to be a symbol and stereotype of japanese animation for the west. What is wrong with it, other than maybe the translation.
    Wow,are you an anime fan??

ReputationRep:
    You haven't played sapphire yet!!!! Do you want to get it for the GBC or don't you mind playing the rom?
    It's not out on the GBC.........

Well, the last Pokémon game I had was Pokémon Silver for the GBC. I recently got a GBA SP and only have 3 games (Fire Emblem, FFTA and Mario & Luigi) but hopefully, I should add some more RPGs to my collection. I'm thinking of getting that new Pokémon Colesseum game on the GC and maybe Pokémon Ruby as well so that I can battle my sister all summer!

My god.......I just really hate those bloody English dubbers!!! They have given anime a bad name. People don't know what they are missing out on with great series such as Naruto, Full Metal Alchemist, Scrapped Princess, Love Hina, Initial D etc......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    Wow,are you an anime fan??
    Well, I do like almost everything about japan (except for any kind of hentai, which is just discusting). I like japanese sharp things, the japan-speak, the japan-life-style and the japanimation (anime to most people)

ReputationRep:
    My god.......I just really hate those bloody English dubbers!!! They have given anime a bad name. People don't know what they are missing out on with great series such as Naruto, Full Metal Alchemist, Scrapped Princess, Love Hina, Initial D etc......
    You've forgotton some of the best like cowboy bebop, trigun and hellsing. Another good one I found was final fantasy unlimited .

ReputationRep:
    There will always be some cynical sad people that ridicule everything.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    There will always be some cynical sad people that ridicule everything.....
    But remember there will also be fanatic supporters of said things. For example, I am fanatical about star trek, japanese pointy things and anime.

ReputationRep:
    I used to love that. The games were my fave

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hayley_2k4)
    I used to love that. The games were my fave
    Which ones:

pokemon red, pokemon blue, pokemon yellow, pokemon gold, pokemon silver, pokemon cyrstal, pokemon sapphire, pokemon ruby, pokemon leaf green, pokemon fire red, pokemon TCG, pokemon stadium, pokemon stadium 2, hey you pikachu, pokemon puzzle league, pokemon pinball or pokemon snap

ReputationRep:
    Which ones:

pokemon red, pokemon blue, pokemon yellow, pokemon gold, pokemon silver, pokemon cyrstal, pokemon sapphire, pokemon ruby, pokemon leaf green, pokemon fire red, pokemon TCG, pokemon stadium, pokemon stadium 2, hey you pikachu, pokemon puzzle league, pokemon pinball or pokemon snap
    You missed out one.

Actually, make that two (I think).

ReputationRep:
    You missed out one.
    yeah the trading card one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    yeah the trading card one
    No, not that one.

ReputationRep:
    You missed out one.

Actually, make that two (I think).
    pokemon TCG is the trading card game. What is the oher one then. If you say pokemon green, it was never translated to gameboy, only in rom form, so I didn't count it.

ReputationRep:
    No, not that one.
    enlighten me then.

ReputationRep:
    pokemon TCG is the trading card game. What is the oher one then. If you say pokemon green, it was never translated to gameboy, only in rom form, so I didn't count it.
    It was released on the Gameboy. You just have to look hard enough in Japan!

ReputationRep:
    enlighten me then.
    Pokémon Channel. Recently released in the UK for the Gamecube.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.