Edexcel M2!!!! How did it go?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
So how did it go people??? i thought that it was another nightmare... the questions are just so time consuming... and it tends to get kind of tricky.... maybe it's just me...

Is someone willing to type out the answer for M2? Hope Dan... sees this message...
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
wtf? its only 15 mins into the exam m8!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
it went off well in the first few (except for 3rd) the last two were the time eaters. it was a bit hard
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
just finished it, was very hard, nearly as hard P3.
wtf was question 4 on about??!!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
what did u get for centre of mass for qus 3?
i got 31a/15 from AD
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
igot 19/15 * a isnt 31/15 too much, it coodnt be that much to the rite of the pic, (Hope im rite though!)
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
how come you are all commenting on the exam when it finished at 10.30????
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
i dnt understand, ive just got out m2 eaxm now. how did u comment on the exam at 9.30 this mornin??x werent u in the exam then? x
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
i answered all of the questions although i have no clue if i was right or not on many of them. What did you get for the projectile question, i got u as 7 and theta as 68 degrees. How about the penultimate question for part a i got work done as 324 watts, part b, 10.6m/s and the acceleration as 0.81. The statics question i did not really have a clue about although i did try it. Could anyone scan a paper? Thanks.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
i thought it went ok.... there was that question about the reaction on the hinge worth 6 marks. I got 784 N but did that in 2 lines, so how can it be 6 marks??!?! i couldn't see any other forces acting on the girder, and when i came out of the exam, everyone also got 784 N. Either everyone is wrong or Edexcel gave 6 marks that should have been worth 1 mark!!!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Yeah I got the R=784N in only 1 line, sat there for ages trying to find a more difficult method!! I got 19/15 for the mass one too, trying to remember any of the other answers....I got 9.33ms-1 for the girl going down hill, and 0.501ish for the acceleration. For the coefficent of restitution ones I got speeds of 1/3u(1+e) and something like 1/2u(1-2e) (not sure about the half bit tho) and i got 0<e<.5

If I remember any more I'll post them
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Oh yeah I got m=(7/45)M
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
some people clearly had the exam earlier than us lot!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I got 1/2< e < 2/3 after staring at it for a while.

About the 6 mark question. It said find the magnitude of the force, so I'm guessing it had horiz and vert components. I resolved each way and got a different answer (something like 877N). That's the only way you could make it a 6-mark question.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
The reaction had two components one of them is 784 (the horizontal one) the other one was some 324 or some thinbg. u have to add the squares of both and root it to get the magnitude of reaction
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Yes! That's what I did! I thought it was too easy to do it in two lines.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
i got 224 watts and the accn was .59ms^-2

the two velocities are 1/3u(1+e) and something1/3u (1 +2e) (not sure about the 1/3u). the first Q was 9 - 2root 3?

It was quite hard the paper. You think it was as hard as P3?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I thought the exams was very easy, the first time Edexcel have managed to pitch their exam at the right level.

" i answered all of the questions although i have no clue if i was right or not on many of them. What did you get for the projectile question, i got u as 7 and theta as 68 degrees."

u only had to work out tan theta and not theta itself.

i got centre of mass as 1.3a and m = 2M/15

the best thing about this exams was the time - there was lots of it! i finished the bulk in bout 45 mins then went back checking over everything
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
it wasnt amazingly hard.. stil managed to bugger it up tho,
can someone scan in a paper? just wanna make sure if ive done enough, cheers
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I was pretty good at M2 getting 90's and 80's% in past and practice papers, but i found this exam really hard, i think iv got a C maybe D i feel really down cuz of this.
Has anyone got the complete answers for this test?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (209)
33.49%
No (415)
66.51%

Watched Threads