Girls, would you date a guy who has anxiety?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
As title really. I suffer from anxiety and I can't see it getting any better just yet. It may be holding me back in the relationship department. I don't know, I haven't had one yet, just wondering if girls would consider a relationship with an emotional guy. A guy who's in tough with his emotional side, and isn't afraid to say how he feels and suffers from anxiety.
curlycherry
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
yes.
RHyoudon'kno
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yes. I don't see why it's such a bad thing.
nohomo
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Probs depends how bad it is. If it will lead you to unemployment they might not approve and won't see a future with you.
Rum Ham
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yes. I've just recently got over panic disorder and agoraphobia myself so I know how much of a struggle anxiety disorders can be and that having a supportive partner can really help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
hannahmulvey
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I don't see why not. If someone really loves you and you love them that your anxiety should not get between you. You may also feel better around a certain special someone
iamu
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i wouldn't

and i'm not even a girl
UnderAspirer
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
As title really. I suffer from anxiety and I can't see it getting any better just yet. It may be holding me back in the relationship department. I don't know, I haven't had one yet, just wondering if girls would consider a relationship with an emotional guy. A guy who's in tough with his emotional side, and isn't afraid to say how he feels and suffers from anxiety.
Sure , why not ? Everybody has issues
minimarshmallow
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I would, providing his triggers weren't the exact same as mine, because it'd be really not good if we both fell to pieces at the same time. But seeing as how I get anxiety about the stupidest things, it'll probably work out.
josie_posie
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My ex boyfriend suffered from anxiety so yes, I would
username457532
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Probably not. Purely because I have mental health problems of my own and I think I need someone 'stronger' han me to put up with my ****. When I'm better, yes.
ChaoticButterfly
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
As long as you aren't Armin.

/***** slap
Yeah dude
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm no girl but if she's worth it she'd say yes and help you though it dude, maybe she'd be what you need to mellow out and it'd be all good bro

Posted from TSR Mobile
username944192
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I wouldn't do it again. My last boyfriend had anxiety and I knew he had it, but it basically killed our relationship by the end. He hated a friend of mine he'd never met because he got it in his head that my friend fancied me, he constantly wanted reassurance that I hadn't gone off him or found someone else, he was lovely and really kind because I think people with anxiety are more sensitive to other people's feelings but ultimately it got too much. I think it would depend how bad your anxiety is and what triggers it, for example I myself have social anxiety but it doesn't seem to affect my relationships at all. Whereas my ex's kind of anxiety seemed wholly triggered by our relationship no matter how hard I tried.
omegaSQU4RED
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think if you're seeing a girl and she completely disregards you as a potential partner if you mention you have anxiety, then she's not worth your time. But then again it depends how bad the anxiety is - if it's something that is obviously identifiable from the guy's behaviour and can affect the relationship adversely on a very regular basis, then I could maybe understand why the girl would decline them.
Anonymous #2
Report 6 years ago
My boyfriend of a year and a half has bad anxiety and it doesn't hold us back at all. Sure we do some things slightly differently to the norm sometimes (those that matter don't mind and those that mind don't matter!) but it doesn't really affect us much at all. I love him- it's as simple as that! I couldn't give a monkeys uncle what health issues either of us have!
emcat
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I would, but I have fairly bad anxiety myself so if we were both only going to make each other worse/more anxious, then it probably wouldn't be a good idea.
Yeah dude
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by emcat)
I would, but I have fairly bad anxiety myself so if we were both only going to make each other worse/more anxious, then it probably wouldn't be a good idea.
Or you'd join forces, become the most powerful people in the universe and rule the world...

Posted from TSR Mobile
nohomo
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Yeah dude)
Or you'd join forces, become the most powerful people in the universe and rule the world...

Posted from TSR Mobile
More like rule his mother's basement
Yeah dude
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by nohomo)
More like rule his mother's basement
There's that, I guess it could go either way, it's kinda like playing spin the bottle with a rhino, you don't know whether you will punch him first or he will run into you first... If that makes sense...

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (98)
39.68%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (27)
10.93%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (18)
7.29%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (57)
23.08%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (30)
12.15%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (17)
6.88%

Watched Threads