Help on my A level English Language Investigation please!

Watch
nicole0088
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I was hoping to study language change and gender and I have loads of letters from my nan's brother from when he was in the war sending them home along with postcards, newspaper articles and a recording from him to home from that time! I just literally don't know what my hypothesis could be or what I'm even investigating with them?!!

Can anyone give me some help or advice, like what can I do with all this information, what the title could be, what I could particularly investigate with all of this and how I can present my findings with like charts etc.

Thank you
heyyitsdeannaaa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
With the newspaper you could look for a modern newspaper article and investigate how the representation of war in the media has changed over time. However if you wanted to keep it personal by using the postcards you could again find data (postcards, letters home) from a modern source and maybe investigate how attitudes or reaction to direct involvement in war has changed over time. It may be easier to analyse just language change ( like don't get your data from a female source) so things don't get too complicated but by all means include gender as a mitigating factor that may have influenced language techniques. Hope this helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you prefer to get careers advice?

I like to speak to my friends and family (15)
13.04%
I like to do my own research online using careers specific websites (73)
63.48%
I like speaking to the careers advisors at school, college or uni (14)
12.17%
I prefer to listen watch videos or listen to podcasts of people in my chosen career (10)
8.7%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (3)
2.61%

Watched Threads