The Student Room Group

University in the US

Hi guys!
I've been looking at university's in the states, to study chemical engineering (particularly MIT and CALTECH) after my physics teacher advised it. He also said that because of my sport (I've been a national champion) that I might be able to get a sports scholarship as well as an academic one (predicted **a, maths chemistry, physics) but I can't understand the university websites particularly well!

Can anyone help me to find a prospectus for any and if this is actually a feasible option to be considering?

Has anyone you know done this and what was their experiences?

Thanks!! :smile:
Original post by Trotty
Hi guys!
I've been looking at university's in the states, to study chemical engineering (particularly MIT and CALTECH) after my physics teacher advised it. He also said that because of my sport (I've been a national champion) that I might be able to get a sports scholarship as well as an academic one (predicted **a, maths chemistry, physics) but I can't understand the university websites particularly well!

Can anyone help me to find a prospectus for any and if this is actually a feasible option to be considering?

Hi,

Sorry I don't really know much about the states in particular, but this group called http://www.astarfuture.co.uk/ came to my school and apparently they facilitate applications abroad (which include the states)

I hope this helped :3
Original post by Trotty
Hi guys!

If you want to apply this year you need to decide fast. You'll need to sit at least 2 SAT Subject Tests and the SAT I Reasoning test. You'll also need to write essays and get teacher references.

Since you can't sit the SAT Subject Tests and the SAT I on the same date you'll need to spread out your exams over two dates minimum. The next date is coming up in October, and there are two other possible dates in November & December, meaning you need to register for those exams ASAP if you want to apply.

Your teacher is right that your sports achievements and grades put you in a much better position than most other applicants.

Quick Reply

Latest